View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Hmm...well I'll break it down like this:

Voice - Both are distinct, but you can't top Meth's voice, it's simply addictive. - METH

Lyrics - Meth is clever but Redman is something else with his lyrics. He can be silly, smart, or absolutely ridiculous and all his words are carefully chosen to convey this - RED

Wordplay - Sort of goes into lyrics, and again it's Redman - RED

Delivery - I love both of their deliveries, but I gotta go with Red. His energy is simply infectious - RED

Flow - It's hard to touch Meth with flow, just his track (on 36 Chambers) is all the proof you need, the guy can flow - METH

Storytelling - Meth really don't tell much for stories, Redman can however. Check out "Sooperman Luva II" for proof - RED

Freestyle - I've only heard a number of freestyles from them but from the ones I did, Red was better - RED

Live Performance - Can't comment on this one

Albums - Red's got more quality albums, period. - RED

Guest Spots - I've yet to see a guest spot where Red doesn't kill it - RED

So total wise that's---
Redman - 7
Method Man - 2

Redman is better imo, but they're both great MCs.

yo props for your reply. good to see some valid input once in a while instead of the usual dumbness we see here. i agree with most of your choices.. ones i disagree with are :

Freestyle : I'd go with Mef., if he wants to Mef incorporates his multiple styles when freestyling and can go on and on.. yeah every shit he spittin aint pure freestyle but hes one of the best to link verse to verse flawlessly switchin it up a bit and tweaking things to make it sound ill that might have sounded whatever if some other rapper spitted.

Albums : Matta fact, i do agree with you on this one.. ONLY for the fact Mef has "Tical 0" in his discography.... without that you can go either way but sadly its unavoidable.

Live Performance : No one rocks a show like MEF, hands down. not that Red dont hold his shit down but like you said about Mef's flow, he takes this one as well.

Guest Spots : this one is debatable, yes RED kills all his slots but Mef does as well. i might have not been too clear but when i say guest spots, im including Mef's verses on Wu joints that are NOT his albums. it aint Mef's fault Wu has so much doper shit than Def Squad...lol

payce ~