View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #30
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
Where are you going with this?

who did God reveal it to ?

or did God write the scripture

Quote:
Your idea of believers is strange.

the shit that believers do in the name of God is stranger

Quote:
You are right! Nowhere in scripture is "belief" said to be fact or truth.

Emuna is the word that is usually translated as faith. It's meaning is different:

The Hebrew root aman means firm, something that is supported or secure. This word is used in Isaiah 22:23 for a nail that is fastened to a "secure" place. Derived from this root is the word emun meaning a craftsman. A craftsman is one who is firm and secure in his talent. Also derived from aman is the word emunah meaning firmness, something or someone that is firm in their actions. When the Hebrew word emunah is translated as faith misconceptions of its meaning occur. Faith is usually perceived as a knowing while the Hebrew emunah is a firm action. To have faith in God is not knowing that God exists or knowing that he will act, rather it is that the one with emunah will act with firmness toward God's will.

Understand?

having faith in God and believing in God is the same thing to me - no need to get into translations - a firm believer - secure about what he/she believes - to the point where they take someones life over what they BELIEVE -

i tell believers, don't tell me what you believe, show me what you know -

Quote:
Perhaps there was a mistranslation.
and everyone thinks/ believes they got the correct translation - to the point where they are killing each other over what they think/believe they got - i see it more as a big misunderstanding

Quote:
You mock what should not be mocked!

AND WHAT IS IT THAT I'M MOCKING ?