View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
Entertainment is valued over knowledge. It is easier to entertain than to obtain useful knowledge.
this is true. man.

the fact is humanity is capable of despicable things in attempt to preserve their way of life. so as much as i might enjoy artists like lil wayne, drake, kanye west, eminem, pusha t, asap etc its difficult not to believe that they are at this point in time employed merely as puppets to soak up peoples idle thoughts.

i wonder if big artists like that realize whats going on. the music industry, entertainment in general will cash in whatever artistic trend is going on. and so little of it asks its audience to look outside of themselves at whats really happening in the world. its 99% self absorbed insular musicians, most of whom have no understanding of art or real poetry idly writing diary entries. look at jay-zs whole attitude to music, and thats an icon now. hes a hero to the world and all he expouses is being gleefully part of the establishment.

i think kanye was actually saying some profound shit whether he knows it or not. he is a god, only all gods are false. they're all distractions used to control people and fill their heads with nonsense.

look at the way fashion is a big part of music now. why? theres no connection whatsoever between the two things other than the fact that in general both industries are vain and utterly meaningless. you know why the fashion is there? so that you're easier to identify as a demographic that they can push their shit on.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote