Thread: R. Kelly - R.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
This album should've been one disc. It's alright but he has more bad songs than good songs. Home Alone is my jam and i like the video too. I was surprised he had several guest appearances from rappers. Noreaga was the only weak rapper on here. I think Noreaga was on a song with Camron and Jay-Z. I don't like r&b singers who sing more love songs than jams because i like jams/party music. R Kelly is one of the few r&b singers i like that sing more love songs than jams. That's why i love funk groups like Dazz Band, Kool And The Gang, Cameo, Lakeside, Zapp, The Time, Con Funk Shun, Parliament/Funkadelic, Midnight Star, The Gap Band. There will never be groups like this again who made jams and that's why r&b music will continue to be dead until i die LOL. 90's was the last good decade for r&b.
If you mean by death that the R&B industry is fucked up, it happened way earlier. Soul music died in the 80s when the shit went disco and pure funk (don't confuse it with soulfunk groups like Kool and the Gang or Earth Wind and Fire or artists like Gloria Lynne). 90s was mostly horrible, but there will always be artists that stand out. Erykah was unique, D'Angelo is a great singer, Dwele and Bilal I don't like a lot but they do have talent. Daptone has some great R&B/Soul releases. If you digg you will still find.