View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #8233
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
I think Fifa will chose another destination for the World Cup
Fifa knew about the weather conditions in Quatar!! I dont know why they didnt choose Turkey (who have more of a footy history than Quatar)
Turkey couldn't even get the Euros. We tried for the 2016 tournament but lost to France. The best one was for the 2020 Euros. Turkey was the only country to bid but Platini said he wouldn't accept Turkey's bid because Istanbul is trying to get the 2020 Olympics as well, he said we cant host both tournaments. Reason why the 2020 Euro championship will be held in cities across Europe. To make up for not giving Turkey the Euros it was said that the semi-finals and finals for that tournament would be in Istanbul, but Platini denied it.

So we have absolute no chance of getting a World Cup, Somalia has a better chance lol. To add though I don't think Turkey deserves it, forget about the massive amounts of football corruption, if Turkey hosted a tournament the stadiums would be empty. Last month Turkey hosted the U-20 World Cup, the average attendance was less than 1500 even though the tickets were free. Turks only care for football when Galatasaray and Fenerbahce play each other, the state of football in the rest of the country is abysmal.