Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #10860
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

So Elway threw seven Touchdowns yesterday....

DENVER - An Ohio Newspaper reported Friday morning that John Elway, not Peyton Manning, threw seven touchdown passes against the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens on Thursday night.

Multiple photos of the Columbus Dispatch's error began to go viral Friday morning.

Although the headline says Elway threw the passes, the first paragraph of the story is correct. It says, "Peyton Manning tied an NFL record with seven touchdown passes, and the Denver Broncos routed the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens 49-27 last night."

The second paragraph of the newspaper story says "Elway became the sixth player to throw that many touchdowns..."

In fact, Manning, the Broncos' current quarterback, became just the sixth player to throw for that many touchdowns.

"You never know what is going to happen in a game," he said afterward. "I felt like we had to keep scoring. Baltimore is an explosive offense and our defense never relaxed. They kept bringing the heat. I thought they did a good job playing and answering the bell without some of our top players without [CB] Champ [Bailey], without [LB] Von Miller. I'm proud of our defensive players. We felt like we had to keep scoring because Baltimore can score at any time."

The second sentence of the story, however, reverted to using the wrong name.

John Elway, of course, is the former Broncos quarterback -- a Hall-of-Famer and two-time Super Bowl champion -- and now the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the team.

The error was not present on the newspaper's website when 7NEWS checked this morning.

7NEWS has sent the Columbus Dispatch an inquiry requesting a comment on the error

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote