View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Who cares LOL. I already saw the previews and it sucks. I don't know why Josh Brolin and Samuel Jackson wasted their time with this. It's funny that Spike Lee wants people to give him money to make movies when he should be getting money from film companies or he should have money of his own to do movies. The movie he did last summer, the money came outta his own pocket to do the movie and nobody saw it LOL. Wasn't it called Red Hook Summer? I read what it was about and i bothered not to see it. He hasn't done a good movie in a long time and i think it's time for him to stop doing movies. He's had a long career and needs to call it quits and stop complaining about Hollywood doesn't care about black movies and Hollywood doesn't wanna put out black movies that have substance.

Bottom line is most blacks don't wanna see movies that have substance. That's the reality. I saw a interview with him on Youtube awhile ago that he did with former BET news host Ed Gordon talking about blacks supported black director John Singleton when he did Boyz N The Hood but blacks didn't support him when he did Rosewood. I think blacks didn't support him when he did Rosewood because blacks don't wanna see movies about slavery. Slavery was a very bad time for blacks and they don't wanna be reminded of it. I saw Rosewood and it's a good movie and i liked Ving Rhames and Don Cheadle's characters but i don't watch too many slavery movies. There's a new slavery movie out now called 12 Years A Slave starring Chiwetel Ejiofor(he was in Spike's Inside Man), Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender, Alfre Woodard. Chiwetel is a good actor. I liked him in Four Brothers with Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese, Terrence Howard and American Gangster with Denzel Washington.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote