View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal son

I went into this movie predetermined it was going to be like the movie Tango & Cash, but with the substitution of Russell for Schwarzenegger. My premonition wasn't too far off with all the sci-fi and futuristic weaponry that showed up in this film. It had some similarities. The idea for this movie was actually pretty creative but the scripting not so much. The movie started off with a rushed, low-budget feel out of the gate. It showed glimpses of a movie that could get good though with suspense and action.

Unfortunately, I had to take a deep sigh when 50 Cent appeared on the screen playing a nerdy IT agent. I wasn't prepared for him to be in this movie, as I instantly form the conclusion that the movie will be shit. His acting ability is terrible and I had to wonder if 50 Cent pays the studio or if they pay him to overact his performance. His motions even when he has no lines seems so scripted and unnatural on screen.

There was hardly any character development whatsoever in this movie and you never grew attach to anyone before they got taken out or disappeared. I realize this was an action movie but I couldn't remember any character's name. Jim Caviezel had the best performance and Stallone wasn't too bad either. I haven't seen Jim since The Count of Monte Cristo which I thought he was great in. It took me practically the whole movie to place Drake from Gone in Sixty Seconds.

In conclusion, this movie was a hot mess mostly because the transition between scenes. The characters would jump around to different locations leaving you wondering how they got there. They would also appear with objects out of nowhere and they were experts at using said objects. It felt like they ran out of their budget when they wrapped up the ending and rushed to connect loose ends.

4/10

Last edited by madchild; 01-24-2014 at 05:11 PM.
madchild is offline   Reply With Quote