View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #1032
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
I became a fan of Final Fantasy with FFVII, I never played the previous numbers. Never had a problem with turn base mechanics, but I much prefer action base battles. Did people really expect they continue forever with turn base and never change? They had a good run with it more than 10 games and 2 decades.

they only changed it because it appeals more to the masses like the western action gaming mentality that you have. in japan theres still plenty of turn based games. theres nothing wrong with the system and its what separates it from an action game and makes it an rpg.

Just to let you know, Im new to this MMO thing. FFXI was released on 2002 and it still going now on 2014, that's 12 years of life, if that isn't good then I don't know what is. And for my little time with MMO, I quickly noticed that everything gets compared to WOW and thats unfair. WOW is in a class of their own and you can't compare the content of a game that is new to a game that has more than a decade.
After investing like a quarter of my life into FFXI I think I would know better. Im comparing FFXIV to wow because it completely ripped off the game, anyone that is familiar with MMOs would confirm that it is a decent wow clone, nothing more. I can compare it because I'm very familiar with this subject and you're brand new to it. wow ripped off everquest but made the concept better. FFXI was very unique, different then every mmo. But like I said, they destroyed it. Any veteran of the game would confirm that as well.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote