06-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Join Date: Jan 2002
Rep Power: 10
Re: The Official Food Thread
Originally Posted by Vegan
PM me anytime. I buy almost 100% organic - Whole grains, rice, pasta, nuts, seeds, herbs, teas, spices, fruit, veggies, legumes, and beans (only things I am ommiting from my diet are: animal flesh, cow secretions, and chicken menstration). Some of the products I use that are organic (and at the very least natural) are:
- Veganaise (mayo without animal products) < stuff is insanely good!
- Silk Enhanced soymilk
- Clif Bars/Builders Bars
- Bragg's liquid aminos
- Earth Balance (vegan butter!)
- Marathon raw almond butter, raw tahini
- Choice organic teas
- Natures Path cereal, especially the Opimum Zen flavor
- Rudi's Bakery organic breads.
- Tofurkey sausage
- White Wave's Wheat Meat < the protein content in that is sick, like 28 grams per serving.
- Some type of baked tofu, I forgot the name of the brand.
That is about it when it coms to processed products. And, when I say processed, it is not meant in a traditional sense as thse products are actually healthy. Most of the food I buy is whole food and I prepare everything myself by following various recipes. Like I said before, Wild Oats or Whole Foods are excellent stores to pick up vegan and, organic food.
Thanks Vegan, I'll pm you soon. I was also interested if you buy organic and natural non-food products such as toothpaste, soaps, deodorants, etc.