View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #14
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajeco
I probably wouldn't have seen it if I knew that, but it doesn't mean "Wizard Of Oz" isn't a good story, I liked it as a kid before I knew about his personal beliefs.
I liked the movie too, but it makes me think twice now when I watch it. It's an adaptation of the book, it's fantasy, but what message can I draw from this? The wicked witch is a minority because she's green. She controls a bunch of savage flying monkeys. The path to their holy emerald city and great white wizard is paved in gold. All of the munchkins in munchikin land are white, and they're all completeley innocent of doing wrong. I'm sure if the movie was remade today they'd throw a black, or asian midget into the mix and have a black actor play the lion, so it probably has more to do with how movies were made at the time, but still..................

Last edited by WARPATH; 03-07-2006 at 05:25 PM.
WARPATH is offline   Reply With Quote