View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #11
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX
since i know you also enjoy the metaphysical perspective of things -

how do you reconcile law with the quest for knowledge

spiritual
philosophical
esoteric
etc

this isnt a legal issue

but
i think a thread about law could have some far-reaching implications

peace
It is needless to mention that the law involves everybody to various degrees in whatever country or state they happen to live in.
Law seemingly determines our freedoms and limitations (ironic) and also upholds justice and 'reasonableness' in society.
Perhaps a better view to see law is to say that we are free to do as much as what we want to, in respect as to what the law hasn't illegalised.
Another point to mention is that, when we talk of law, like here now, the written and practicality of law can become very different.
When i say written law, i mean the "know the ledge" reasoning of law. Because I have seen with my own eyes that not all individuals involved in the
judiciary are just, neither interested in societal balances, but merely to ensure selfish expediences (get paper,crib,whip).
As for answering LHX's important question.
"How do /we/ reconcile law, with the quest for knowledge?"
As i have mentioned, we are free to do what the law permits us to do. If we break the law, we are subject to the discretions of authorities.
We see in history that at times certain "knowledge" were not allowed and made unlawful to pursue. That is why authorities burnt books or took away courses and
professors at universities.
But, we can also see the limits that law has put on knowledge today, when wee see how government bodies (CIA) may hide knowledge to protect the nation. "national security"
it is debatable whether all information hidden by certain bodies are in the best interest of society, but as far as the law is concerned, it is ruthless in ensuring that the document of law is followed.
Perhaps the above just illustrates the harshness of the practicalities of law. This is because everybody interprets the use of Law in different ways, owing to the wide usage of the law.
We have Contract Law, International Law, Family Law, Compnay Law etc etc etc.
Here i suppose we are just trying to focus on the simple term "law" with a simple dictionary meaning.
I want to mention some notions of law, which further bites on LHX's question but leaves room for others to say something as well.
1) law is a tool for the elite to rule the lower classes.
2)law provides man with his unconditional freedoms. such as freedom of speech.
3)without law, society will be tyrannical.
4)law is a universal term which cannot be explained by words itself, it can only be exhibited by action.
5)who REALLY makes the law?

i'll be looking back here again, just trying to finish some work
peace

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote