View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #57
urban_angel
angel of da corp

urban_angel shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCO
we all would most likely rather hear a harder themed rap song from our favorite artists...no doubt bout that
but by sayin love songs aint keepin to the TRUE form of hiphop has to be one of the most ignorant statments ive ever read
ive said it once and i'll say it again....there aint a law written in stone that states MC'ing is all about battles and actin' hard
unless u have tapes where the Sugarhill Gang was pitted against Busy Bee in an epic "hiphop" battle

c'mon man get real now...MC'ing aint about one certain subject matter...its like sayin if an action flick has a marriage in it then it shying away from the genre's formula
MC'ing is a way of expressing lyrics....just like any music form is.....dont generalize a music form based on ur preference dude....its jus gonna make u look dead ass stupid

im an MC myself...i like to spit bout a buncha subjects...politics, corruption, etc....but one of my strongest rhymes deals with love....cuz its sumthin i feel ive have a firm grasp on during my life and still do....that aint make me gay or nada...im not shying away from hiphop music....im jus spittin what i believe

and u 19 dude....wisen up yo
beautifully put