Thread: Love Your Enemy
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 04:09 AM   #33
The Wizzard
Stephen Strange _ZZ_

The Wizzard grasshopper

Love your enemy, because in the end all this shit in this world, we don't know how it ends up, if it leads to anything or nothings. but being happy and at one with yourself is the most important thing to me, because that is all there is on this earth, you.
Loveing your enemy people find difficult because there is so much harm and terror in the world, but people who love everyone regardless are those that are most happy and most wise. I had a teacher in high school who was raped and she told me she loved he rapist and i thought that was fucked up. but she told me if she spent the rest of her life hating the man that raped her that she would always be unhappy because hate or anger or negativity will always bring you down. thats why kids living against the law are all miserable, you might not think it but if you ever get to know them, they all miserable as fuck.

negative thoughts and negative actions will never let you acheive happiness.

"He whose heart is in the smallest degree set upon Goodness will dislike no one."

Confucianism. Analects 4.3-4

What kind of love is this that to another can shift? Says Nanak, True lovers are those who are forever absorbed in the Beloved. Whoever discriminates between treatment held good or bad, Is not a true lover--he rather is caught in calculations.

Sikhism. Adi Granth, Asa-ki-Var, M.2, p. 474

The sage has no fixed [personal] ideas.
He regards the people's ideas as his own.
I treat those who are good with goodness,
And I also treat those who are not good with goodness.
Thus goodness is attained.

I am honest with those who are honest,
And I am also honest with those who are dishonest.
Thus honesty is attained.

Taoism. Tao Te Ching 49

A superior being does not render evil for evil; this is a maxim one should observe; the ornament of virtuous persons is their conduct. One should never harm the wicked or the good or even criminals meriting death. A noble soul will ever exercise compassion even towards those who enjoy injuring others or those of cruel deeds when they are actually committing them--for who is without fault?

Hinduism. Ramayana, Yuddha Kanda 115

But none is granted it save those who are steadfast, and none is granted it save a person of great good fortune.

Islam. Qur'an 41.34-35