View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I didn't read all of this thread, but my take on people who wear Che Guevara shirts is that they're some of the biggest posers out there. I went to surf shop once an they had a surfboard shaped stand as the edge of a clothes rack, with a picture of Che Guevara on it, and I had to use everything I had to restrain myself from going back there and massacring everybody who worked there. I saw a car with a Che Guevara sticker on it the other day too. I was gonna wait for the owner and strangle them with a bit of fishing line, but I was in a hurry.

Anyway, I read a book of all the speeches and writings of Che, and I really found it quite boring. It was really fucken long too. Some of it was interesting, some was boring as fuck. As for the man, I respect him. The thing I found with his speeches and writings was that he relied too much on the commitment of his people to cause change. He had all these ideas but they he needed everybody to agree with him for them to actually be carried out. Still, he fought and died for a good cause. I respect that.

I wouldn't bother reading any bullshit articles about how "good" or "bad" he was. There's too much bullshit out there. I preferred to read the words from the man himself to get an idea of what he was about.