View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #9
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ahhh... great question...
how do you consider yourself as a player? are you better than your competition or worse? do you read hands well? how big is your bankroll? are you capable of rebuying more than once? do the blinds skyrocket after the rebuy period of stay relatively stable?

if you answer these questions i can help you redefine how you want to play.

for me, heres how i first approached rebuys, and how i now approach them.

my 1st rebuy tournament ever was at foxwoods. I figured the level of competition was obviously better so i took the tact of trying to push all in with my big hands preflop. this worked for me early as i doubled and broke several players early, but as the tourny went on i felt myself getting less and less premium hands and as a result i was blinded out mercilessly but still managed an 11th place finish despite playing incredibly tight for 3 hours after the rebuy period.

Now I play a completely different style. Although I still may choose to raise big with premium hands from time to time, I prefer to see as many cheep flops as possible, because i find myself concentrating less on what i have and more on what they have. Try to read your opponent, and constantly ask yourself questions like. why did he make that bet? why did he check? why did his posture change when that card fell? what has he done in the past? is he on a draw? why is he acting so weak/strong? many times the key to winning pots is based on a well timed bluff, many dont understand that in order to pull off a bluff the things you do must make sense. you cant just check/call the entire way and then throw a big bet in and expect it to work. the play must make sense. And Rule #1 when playing bad players is.....

DONT TRY TO BLUFF A PLAYER THAT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THE MOVE.
most bad players either cannot get away from a decent hand or don't even care what you are playing they call irregardless..

anyway hit me back explaining in more detail your situation and i can help you further....

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote