View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #28
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wednesday's Omaha Lesson

An introduction:
Omaha is a variant of texas hold 'em in which players are dealt a total of 4 cards to start and MUST use 3 from the board and 2 from their hand. The #1 cause for confusion and error in the game is that people misread or misplay their hand and/or the board. Beginning players should be constantly reminding themselves 2 from the hand 3, from the board. I will outline the more confusing hands and boards.

The not so nut flush

hand AS AH 3C 4D

BOARD KS QS 9S 7S 5D

although you have the ace of spades, without another spade to back-up your ace you do not have a flush, remember you must have 2 suited cards to make a flush

I thought i had the straight?

HAND AD JH TC 9C

BOARD KS QH 8H 7S 5D

although you have 8 running cards, you can only use 2 which cannot make a straight

not quads

ive seen this before a couple of times

your hand

AS TH 5D 3S

OPPONENTS HAND

AD 9H 8D 6C

BOARD

KC KH KD KS 7H

although it may appear that both players have quads due to the board, you MUST use two cards and therefore three kings with an ace ten high wins over three kings with a ace nine high.

the two pair mess

two pair on board is probably the most confusing board in the game.

your hand

AH 9H 9D 8S

BOARD

AS AD QD QC 7C

because of the pair in your hand, its tempting to think that you have a full house but in reality you only have a set of aces with a queen nine. the only hands that make a boat with this board are AQ A7 Q7 and 77. AA and QQ make quads.

high trips on board

This seems like a scary board but in reality is one of the easier boards to read

AS KH KD KC 2D

many will play any ace and think they have a full house. Only a king, or pair in your hand will improve this board.

the full house board

the easiest of boards to read, barely any hand improves it

BOARD

QH QD QC JH JC

only a queen or pair will make a hand otherwise high cards are played.

While omaha can be a very confusing game, like anything you do practice and experience can alleviate that confusion. Remember to keep telling yourself use 2 cards from your hand and 3 from the board!

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote