View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #79
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Todays Omaha Lesson

Playing the proper starting hand:

In Omaha playing the proper starting hand is almost as important as winning the hand itself. The real object of Omaha is to make the nuts or close to it. Still I see players playing any four random starting hands. Since the mean winning hand in Omaha is the nut flush, You should be looking to make a hand as good as a straight. Playing low suited cards to try and catch a flush is a no-no as is playing low pairs to try and catch a boat. I just assume avoid the mess caused by playing bottom set and dump any pair lower than 66. These are the premium starting hands in Omaha.

The Two best-

AAKK - double suited
AAJT - double suited

although AAKK is a slightly higher percentage than AAJT, most pros would agree that AAJT is the better hand due to the amount of nut straights it makes.

Other great starting hands

four running cards

QJT9 and JT98 are the best of these, the purpose of which is to make the nut straight.

Double Suited cards

while this is a good drawing hand you want your flush draws to be as high as possible.

pair + connectors

KKQJ, QQJT, JJT9

hands like these are very playable, especially if double suited

two gap connectors

KQ98 , JT76

these hands make the best straight draw possible if the two middle cards come. This is called the Maine to Spain draw. Lets say you have KQ98 and the flop comes JT3. You have an A,9,8,7 to make the nut straight and a K,Q for the 2nd nut straight. This is nearly half the deck to make a straight and two streets to catch.

The biggest piece of advice I can give while deciding on a starting hand is avoid hands with a dangler and hands in that make two good starting hands in hold 'em but don't work together in Omaha.

examples of bad starting hands

KQJ2 - deuce dangler

AK33 - ace king is nothing in omaha, so are treys

TT54 - only a set of tens will help you here

9983 - you have 99 and 98 but the three is a bad dangler

These hands are more or less a waste of money. In omaha you want four cards that mesh well together.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote