View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #80
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The misconception of preflop play in omaha.

I see people all the time at a 9 handed Omaha table raise preflop. This is an incorrect move. Omaha is not Hold 'em. Lyle Berman says there is NO HAND WORTH PUTTING THE 1ST RAISE IN PREFLOP. That's not to say you can't re-raise to isolate with a hand like aces preflop. In a game like pot limit omaha, the 1st raise is never enough to push anybody out and therefore you are pricing multiple opponents to call. If multiple opponents call you are no longer a favorite to win the hand. The pot will always get big enough in PL, and since you are chasing the nuts, its always better to see cheap flops.

Let me show you a shocking example of why aces are nothing in Omaha

Your hand As Ad 3h 2d

opponents hand Js Ts 9d 8d

guess who's ahead preflop? NOT YOU. Your opponent is a 52% to 48% favorite. Aces pretty much shrink after that don't they? In a game where people are chasing straights, flushes, and fullhouses aces only help you make a boat, and if the board doesn't pair, you can't make a boat.

In Summation save the preflop raising for when you get to 5 of 4 people left. Your chances of winning are much better then.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote