View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #87
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Not to sound like a smart ass, but I'm really, really tired of the whole poker craze in the last few years. I don't know why they put poker on like 10 different tv channels. It's about as exciting to watch as golf. And what's with putting it on ESPN? I wouldn't really consider it a 'sport'. Every bar/club across the country has those poker tournaments now, and it gets to be rather annoying hearing about them all the time. I never even heard of Texas Hold Em until about two years ago, and since then it's become more popular than two dollar Sally.
I guess thats the catch of the game. I probably started playing the game about 6-7 years ago....it was kind of popular then but not nearly as it is today...with the TV...poker sets you can buy anywhere for like 20 bucks.

There is so much more strategy involved in the game above traditional poker. I guess sometimes those strategy games are seen as sports.

The concept why it got so popular is there are so many people that think they are better than they really are at the game and think they can win. Therefore there is even more money for the true players in the game to actually win.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote