View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:37 PM   #174
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Part B : The Stop and Go

One of the worst mistakes amateurs make in a cash game is to give up the identity of aces in early position. They flat call in early position with bullets and then when raised, checkraise a huge amount, announcing to the world "I HAVE ACES!!!!". Instead of such an amateurish play, I will tell you about a move designed to both increase pot size preflop and disguise your aces so a medium to high pair will be trapped for all their money. In early or first position, instead of checking, raise 3-5x the blind. If re-raised and isolated against one other player, flat call instead of pushing. This is one of the best disguises of aces in the game. Now if the flop comes low and you are first to act, check to your opponent and wait for them to throw in a huge bet with their overpair. Now that they are committed you can safely go all in and expect a call. They won't believe their eyes when you turn over bullets! This is a low risk (about 10-20% failure rate) high reward play that works wonders toward building a monster stack.

***If you are first or last to act, and your opponent checks, beware the possibility that they flopped a set. It may save you from losing huge.

Avoid the limp-raise in first position with aces for two reasons:
1. You may not get raised and you are stuck in an unraised pot with multiple opponents
2. It is a dead giveaway

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans

Last edited by beautifulrock; 05-21-2007 at 10:42 PM.
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote