View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #175
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

My time on WPX continues. Last week I actually lost money, but with the rakeback it appears I have broke even when I got my money back today...lol

My losses are simple as I shouldn't have been playing later on in the week when I wasn't in the mood for "really playing". That is, I was playing like an amateur.

Even though I have improved significantly over the last year in my tournament and no-limit game, I can still thrive in limit poker. Of course the game is stupid in a way, you only need to worry about a few things:

In a tournament when you are the chip leader, you can play differently based on the rest of the field and whos left, etc....Beautifulrock already explained 2 playing methods when you are up or down...but consider that is for freeroll strategy...however it can work for other low entry tourneys.

In limit poker you shouldn't switch the way that you play when you are winning or losing. When winning you may feel more lucky catching cards you might start playing any 2 using your luck...only to come into a big pot and you break even again. When people start losing, not catching cards...maybe even get dealt AA then KK right after and they never held up. Then you start wondering why the world isn't fair, instead of playing each hand at that time instead of remembering those losses. Then again gambles are taken by playing hands you would no normally play just hoping for a perfect flop until you are out of chips. Perhaps they are on tilt...you aren't playing...youa re feeling. You don't even need to bluff that much, although stealing those small pots time to time with perfect timing is easy.

Thats what I was doing.....my flops seen statistic was over 50%. Usually it is around 15-20% on a full table.

Usually I'm the one who preys on those people. Perhaps someone is catching everything....sometime Im going to swoop down and steal a pot off of him. Same as those players that start loosing. Their last few chips they wait for a half decent hand and then raise only to see my re-raise to get them all in...they want me to...but chances are they have a low suited connector...Im favoured to win.

Only other thing is to attack the new players. Especially if they buy in short...short money is usually scared money...unless they are truly an expert and they know how to play that position. But usually an experienced player would rather buy into a game with the heavy weapons to win big pots.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote