View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #176
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Here is a question.....

What do you do when somebody is playing as agressive as possible on the table? He puts up pressure on every player on the table by raising or betting high before the flop...so how do you attack?
With pocket pairs? - while I'm waiting for good cards the blinds kill me.
Shall I go All-In and show a strong hand?
Or is the best way to attack that bastard with terrible cards, 2/7, A/3 etc. you know the list...

I'm assuming you are talking tournaments because you mention the blinds eating you up. In a cash game the solution would be simple, hang back and wait for the nuts then crack him. But in a tournament strategy where the time is short and you need to make a move or be blinded out, this type a player who raises every other hand is your best bet to double up. Aggression is only scared of one thing, extreme aggression. Pick a hand thats likely to be a favorite, (any pair/any ace/high suited connectors) and push over the top all in. Three things can happen.

1. He folds and you win the pot right there
2. He calls and you win a showdown
3. He calls and you lose a showdown

2 out of 3 of these occurrences are good for you. That is why you are always more than a 50% favorite when making this move and pushing first. In a tournament you have to make moves eventually this is the type of opponent you want to try and crack. With such aggression and so many moves preflop it is more than likely that his holdings are minimal at best. Try and gamble with the best of it. Don't attack players like this with really bad hands. They tend to call.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote