View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #195
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
if you can some general heads up tips/strategies would be helpful.

in the last two games ive played in the last week i managed to surrender chip dominance and eventually lose heads up, and then bomb up in the most recent game playing far to erratically. i think im a bit rusty since i havent played for a while, time to start taking the games more seriously i think.

props on keeping the thread going rock.
no problem.

Heads up is a different animal from 10-9 handed poker. For the most part, when you get to heads up in a mtt tourny, the blinds will be huge and there will be little room to play. Therefore the two defining factors toward winning will be luck and aggression. While you can't control luck, you can take control of the action by raising as much as possible. Any ace and any pair is good enough to push all in preflop. The odds of both players having a pair heads up is a little worse than 300-1 so dont be afraid to call an all in with any pair. In the small blind, you have the odds to call with any hand so broaden your hand selection considerably. When your opponent is on the shortstack, fire relentlessly and force them into a decision for all their chips, and don't be ashamed to bust someone with a weaker hand. I routinely call all-ins with hands like k7 q9 as these hands are not likely to be a considerable underdog (60-40% or so against an ace). Don't be afraid to lose and don't play tight. You simply don't have the time to wait for a monster. REMEMBER: In heads up chances are both players have nothing. To the aggressor go the spoils.

and if you are looking for a barometer to decide whether to go all in here is mine

flop- any ace , any pair , any two high connectors

post flop- middle pair or better

Listen, playing this way is absolutely not foolproof, but you give yourself the best chance to win. If the heads up situation is one where you have lots of chips and lots of blinds, you still want to be aggressive but you can scale back on the all ins. Steal relentlessly.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote