View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 AM   #2
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

I'm gonna go head and put this first paragraph out there, though this will be the only time I put what I'm working on to the public. It's not that I don't want to share with the people but if this goes as I hope I really wanna try and get the book published and I don't want it leaked like a bootleg ahaha.

Quote:
In the waning moments of Jake Rosedaleís time here on earth there was no flashing of life before his eyes. No long-ago memories of the pristine wood floors his tiny pattering feet used to mark up on his way to the plantation kitchen. No recollection of any of the baked goodies Edna the house maid always had ready for him whether it be the warm batch of chocolate oatmeal cookies, key-lime pie, or the recently cooled banana bread with butter and honey. He did not see himself peering through the spindles of the stairwell from the second floor onto any of his Senator fatherís lavish parties that kept him silently fascinated for many hours past his bedtime. Nor did he recall his own poker-like perception that registered every single nuance his socialite dad used at these parties to charm, entertain and manipulate every single guest he had a purpose for exploiting.
There it is (that may not even be the full opening paragraph though but it is what I've started with tonight) Does it seems immediately interesting? I want to reach out & grab the readers attention from the get-go. I personally hate when a book takes a 100 pages or more to get going anywhere. all feed back welcome

Support the Real. Click HERE

Last edited by Visionz; 07-14-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote