View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba-Smoker View Post
this dumb fuck tried to tell me that hip hop isnt poetry, what do u think?
Ha ha! I'm the dumb fucker he's talkin about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemDiplomat View Post
To me, Hip-hop is poetry...

but at the same time its MUSIC!

50% of a song is the beat!

someone could be nasty as a muthafucka on the mic but most people aint gonna listen to dude if the beat he is ripping isn't thorough too.

You ever noticed why everyone's favorite MC is always backed by excellent production.

If rap was pure poetry it'll be more like spoken word relying on no instrumental or rhyme pattern.

The whole point of rap is being on rhythm and rhyming.

Poetry? Yes and no, but I'm not voting cause all those choices are dumb.
The exact point I was actually making. Hip-hop is basically poetry to a beat and I was saying that a hip-hop track don't hit me on all levels if it aint got a nice beat. That being the difference between hip-hop and poetry, the beat. If you leave the beat off hip-hop, then you basiacally got a poem, but then that's different to a hip-hop track.

By the way, this comes from an MC and published poet.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote