View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
im aiming to write something in the near future as well... i think that practicing with short stories would help becomin a writer as a whole cuz you aint pressured to complete a 400+ page book.

one thing i find important is that you figure out what the general plot you'd wanna write about... a story that is interesting.... then you fill in the details as you go... just my 2cents duke.. inform me with your progress, that will help me as well. peace.
word, yeah I've been wanting to really sit down and write something meaningful for a while. I always had a sense of what it was I wanted to say but just sure of a way that worked for me as far as story telling itself goes.

It's still hard to just let it flow, I find myself constantly going back and revising, editing etc. I like the work it leads to but I'm thinking maybe I should get my basic ideas down first, kinda setup an outline for the story itself and then go back and realy put flesh to the skelton kind uv thing. Its taken me a week to get two paragraphs ahah, shit's funny to me. feel like I should be picking up the pace with it.

Another thing that's important (think your dead-on w/ the plot deal) is really seeing the characters you're writing about. I'm wanna see 'em in my mind as real people, go into details of backgrounds and the little things in their life. I think you gotta have that to make a connection to the character, whether you like 'em or not. But if you don't like 'em you gotta make everybody not like 'em as well, y'know. I think the worse thing would be indifference. Good writing should make you feel something.

I'll keep you posted as it goes homeboy. Its good to discuss the process itself, kinda inspiring to talk about it and really makes me wanna open up the file and get to typing lol.

peace fam

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote