Thread: Worst Sin?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #27
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
I haven't researched it yet, but I was once told that sin originally meant ignorance. During the bastardizations of the many Sacred Texts the term was misinterpreted, or so I was told. Anyway to answer your question.

I 'feel' that the ultimate sin is rebellion. Rebellion to our inner God-self/ves.

We are all born with the capacity of accessing good and evil. As we spiritually and mentally mature we gain more insight which enables us to see more solid blacks and whites in the fields of grays. When this clarity comes into focus we begin to make more solid and absolute choices. When we go out of our way to access the evil for whatever reason we 'sin.'

I say that it's rebellion. I hope I explained my rational clear enough.

Peace Sis'.
No personal offense to you sir, but that sounds like a lot of bullshit to me.

Rebellion is a sign of individualism, and to me individualism is the most important thing for a person to retain in a world full of sheep.

I completely disagree with the idea that you can truly make things black and white. Morality/good & evil are all within the eye of the beholder. I don't bother myself with things that are "spiritual" any more. I'm done with supernatural things in general.

If you're beliefs make you happier, though, more power to you. That's you being yourself, being an individual.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote