View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #36
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I don't believe in any kind of "righteous self" beyond something I might have or could possibly invent within my own perception. If there is some kind of transcendental, extra-material force that guides life, I don't think there is enough empirical evidence for me to submit my intellect to it.

I basically abide by the tenets of absurdism - that existence is essentially absurd and without inherent meaning. This is not necessarily a negative thing because it opens a man to define his life with whatever he chooses, instead of submitting to dogma. A man can create his own meaning in life, though he should be aware that it is still HIS invention and he must not delude himself.
I understand but just don't agree. For a moment you put me in mind of the puppet masters that attempt to comtrol this world (I'm not dissing though, please don't get my words confused). It almost sounds like one of the Greek thoughts that when you die nothing happens.

Do you consider yourself to be a sort of Athiest, or do you just want to plain and simple define yourself on your own merits?

Oh, and when I say "righteous self" I just mean having consciousness of good and bad and consciously leaning over to the good side. I may talk complicated some times but everything is really basic and simple to me.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote