Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Wu-tang Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
    Anybody ever go to the Ghostface Killah Sony messageboard? It was aight, but the Nas board was jumping 99-04
    hahah I remember that Ghost message board!!! damn man I forgot all about it until now! dammn memories man....use to post shit on there

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    5elements was dope! I got all my exclusives from there. peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by rgu2002 View Post
    Whats this? Have you still got this record?
    it was eventually released on "la saga ep" seemingly same unmastered version.
    Last edited by OPTIMUS; 03-27-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    woah..

irc dalnet #rap was so much fun... what was your nick? i chilled in their from 94-2000? maybe upto 2003? used diff nicks from ^sana^ d|G|
    Soulcontroller,. had sops in their for many a year,, mza/r3wted,cliche, bang, humble/zeroc , t0ca! ryan t ,. sheytan was sick aswell..
    ahhh so many nicks..

do you use irc still?
    holy shit i remember u........ from UK right....... few of those names are familiar too.

No artificial sleazy

I remember being online in '96 '97 but had no idea what IRC was until about '99

Thanks again for the cool responses, sorry I haven't had a chance to respond... don't really check Wu boards as much these days, but cool to read this thread, nice memories... for the record I got into the on-line Wu-Tang stuff through John Book's U-Wu mailing list, that guy was one of the most knowledgeable heads ever, he knew so much about music, he was an inspiration because he had so much detail and really took it to a whole other level... he is still doing music journalism check out his site: http://www.thisisbooksmusic.com/

Also in response to Sensa-A, I do have the TheDSC forum database on a CD somewhere in Ireland, I will dig it out one day, I hope it still works... I'll post about it here if I ever retrieve it....

also in response to Jacob Guzman, sorry I never got back to you on Facebook, I was trying to stay away from the whole DSC/Wu-Tang thing, because in actuality, I have as many bad memories as good ones, but I also ended up deactivating FB because it was taking up too much time and not really giving anything in return... I hang out more on twitter (@humanbeingbeing https://twitter.com/#!/humanbeingbeing) and soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/humanbeingmusic) now ...would love some old DSC heads to follow, that would be cool... hope you're all doing well.. funny to think most of the people on the site were only children back then, including myself...

-SeanD

i remember one of Masta's verses i think on the first Swarm LP he goes "ww.mastakill.com...but that shit never happened..lol

Ridin' On Trichomes soul controller's Avatar
    Chillin on sesame street puffin a 10th letter

Quote Originally Posted by OPTIMUS View Post
    holy shit i remember u........ from UK right....... few of those names are familiar too.
    yep yep,

what handle did you go by?

i still haz a few of the old rap mirc heads on my facebook., crazyness how we know each other still 20 years on.. lol

cant believe i visited people off of #rap

sick times.

Hello again, I need your help...

http://www.doyourememberthedsc.com/

Peace and Kind Regards
    -Sean D.

I still got that issue of the source bong!

Man this brings back memories. DSC and Killarmy-HQ aka Wu-Fam HQ were the dope site back in the day. Howser and Sead D were the go to guys for WU-News. Howser was tight because he had a bunch of tracks you couldnt get in the states and he would make a mixtape. Miss those times and sites!

KZA still posts up in here, wish he'd up a retro version of wutangworld.com somewhere for old times sake

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

If I can find time and money, I'll be restoring every piece of Wu-Tang music I have including all the freestyle and radio recordings + all the early demo music + photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanD View Post
    If I can find time and money, I'll be restoring every piece of Wu-Tang music I have including all the freestyle and radio recordings + all the early demo music + photographs.
    That'd be greatly appreciated man. I wasn't around for the original site, but it'd be ill to get an idea of what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    That'd be greatly appreciated man. I wasn't around for the original site, but it'd be ill to get an idea of what it was.
    Hey Young Gun,

There were 5 generations of DSC, and it had a phenomenal amount of music on it... but back then we only had dialup, so quality was lacking --- but I still have the original recordings and not only that, but now I have the technology and skills to recover and remaster it... this will be an epic project and worthwhile as an archive of music history, not just for my site.

Regards
    -SeanD
    Last edited by SeanD; 01-10-2016 at 11:53 AM.