once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GFK feat. Raekwon - "Bulletproof Wallets" (4.5 version: claaa7 re-visit)

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    anyone know who produced Good Times then?
    i don't think it ever has been confirmed, but i think it's either RZA or Mathematics.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Darrell "Digga" Branch produced Good Times, check his discography list at myspace http://www.myspace.com/sixfiggaentertainment that song still is addictive to me.

Good job on the Ghostface compilation claaa7, the fact that Ghost made different versions of Bulletproof Wallets and had some bonus cuts you had to dig for during it's release is a large part of what makes the album memorable, even though for some it may not be as good as Supreme Clientele.

Tees available now at http://ebay.to/2cGG9pL

^ thanx alot for clearing that up Brandon, i've been wondering who produced that track for years now! i agree, it is a truly amazing track.

it's true what you say about the differences making the album special, i always found myself very interested in those type of LPs that had major changes done because of sample clearances and leaks. on another note, i'd say "BPW" is one of Ghost's most creative albums of all time.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

SO dope when you compare it to the LP version....Thanks !

^ yeah i love that remix too, the vocal sample is absolutely mind-blowing. i hope a CDQ will surface one day. i didn't like the album version at all when i was younger but as i got older and started listening to more soul and occassional R&B i realized it's a great tune.

Ghost actually had problems with tracks that didn't make the retail for various reasons with several of his albums. "Pretty Toney Album" had like 8 songs recorded for it that didn't make it and many of them ended up on the "718" album instead. i think i should upload a version of "P.T.A." i did a while back too, it has all the goodies from the retail but with tracks like "Guerilla Hood", "Paychecks", etc.

"Fishscale" had songs like "Charlie Brown", "Murda Goons", "Chunky"/"How U Like Me Baby" and the full version of "Barbershop" cut/changed.

either way Ghost is one of the greatest and his catalouge are among the best of the best.

-

Bulletproof Wallets retail version is terrible. I'm gonna check out the version of it that you put together Claaa7. Good Times song is my shit. I love the Good Times tv show theme song he sampled on there. I don't like Ghostface's albums but he's a good rapper. He has a few songs on Ironman and Supreme Clientele albums i like.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

checkin this out right now too...

claaa7, you should share us your Pretty Toney mix! And I like the original BPW mix. Never bumped the retail version though.

Oztradamus

Does anybody have the Good Times version with the Funky Penguin sample?

Oztradamus

What's the original tracklisting too?

Quote Originally Posted by Oztradamus View Post
    What's the original tracklisting too?
    Did you check claaa7's blog!?

Oztradamus

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deoseyus View Post
    Did you check claaa7's blog!?

Found it.