Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: LOL@Kenny Smith Saying Kevin Durant Is Gonna Be The Best Player Soon

  1. #1
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default LOL@Kenny Smith Saying Kevin Durant Is Gonna Be The Best Player Soon

    I can't believe former NBA player Kenny Smith would make a comment like that as much basketball as he's supposed to know. He made this comment last season. I disagree with that because Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Kevin Durant is one dimensional and what i mean by that is he's only a scorer. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds. He doesn't get a lot of assists. He's not a good defender. He takes too many jumpshots and doesn't drive to the basket often. As tall as he is, he should be taking it to the basket more instead of settling for jumpshots and he should be averaging more rebounds than he does. Big deal that he leads the league in scoring so far and he led the league in scoring last season. Oklahoma has surprised me because i didn't think they would be good this soon. Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Harden, Serge Ibaka, Sefolosha are pretty good players. Do ya'll agree with what Kenny said?

  2. #2
    Heisman Mic Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    East Columbus/Los Angeles
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,223
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Yes because he will. KD35 is the future nigga. He don't need to get rebounds or assists

  3. #3
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    514 - MTL - 514
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    he's top 9 in the league right now so stfu lmfao.. no rebounds that's why he averages 6.3 per game right? he's still young and it's only been his 4th year in the league he has so much potential to improve his game in so many different areas.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member p-rok73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I agree with Kenny Smith...Since he joined the Thunder/Sonics he made the franchise relevant again. He's a nightmare match up for opposing teams. I won't say that he's better than Lebron but not many can say that they're better than KD. He's a beast that's only getting better.

  5. #5
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,389
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Durant already is the best player
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.





  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I can't believe former NBA player Kenny Smith would make a comment like that as much basketball as he's supposed to know. He made this comment last season. I disagree with that because Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Kevin Durant is one dimensional and what i mean by that is he's only a scorer. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds. He doesn't get a lot of assists. He's not a good defender. He takes too many jumpshots and doesn't drive to the basket often. As tall as he is, he should be taking it to the basket more instead of settling for jumpshots and he should be averaging more rebounds than he does. Big deal that he leads the league in scoring so far and he led the league in scoring last season. Oklahoma has surprised me because i didn't think they would be good this soon. Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Harden, Serge Ibaka, Sefolosha are pretty good players. Do ya'll agree with what Kenny said?
    Durant is #1 in fantasy leagues right now. What you said is almost complete bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  7. #7

    Default

    i'm tryna go catch a home game sometime.

    i moved to the 4state area of SW missouri from the east coast 4 years ago, and i never root for any of the local/regional teams, except OKC.

    durant is a beast, and the thunder are young. they're gonna be contending for a title in a couple years.

  8. #8
    I Already Won Dirty Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shaolin South
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Tell me when he starts playin' D.... I'll put him maybe in Top 5 then. MAYBE.

  9. #9
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    I don't care what ya'll say. Kevin isn't better than Lebron, Kobe, Dwayne Wade. Big deal he can score a lot of points. He doesn't do anything else. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds and he's not a good defender.

  10. #10
    Heisman Mic Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    East Columbus/Los Angeles
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,223
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Kevin isn't better than Lebron, Kobe, Dwayne Wade.
    Nobody said he was. he gettin up there tho, hes pretty much an elite player already

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Big deal he can score a lot of points.
    yea it is a big deal. this the NBA. He's the scorer of the team, and hes a small forward. U want him to get assists? not his role

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    He doesn't do anything else. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds and he's not a good defender.
    He gets enough rebounds for his position. You expect 10-12 rebounds from a small foward?

  11. #11

    Default

    Yeah, the dude is young, yet a lot of media and former players are talking about how great he is, and how great he will be. That's enough to show that he's relevant. The fact that we all know who he is (and who OKC is for that matter) is proof that he's got skills. He's slowly rising to the top, and he's younger than most; when the current elite players start their career decline, Durant is gonna be in his prime and the best player in the NBA.

  12. #12
    I Already Won Dirty Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shaolin South
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    We'll see I mean you gotta atleast have ONE RING.. to jump in to such an elite class..unless you're LeBron James..or a player like Durant, Griffin, guys who are good for a while but either fade away or become one dimensional players for their entire career. It's way too early to tell right now but for now yes he is definitely in the... top 5.
    Last edited by Dirty Knowledge; 01-23-2011 at 04:10 PM.

  13. #13
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    I shouldn't have posted this laughing at Kevin because he's very good. I just can't see him winning any championships with Oklahoma because him and Russell dominate the ball too much. If him and Russell wanna get some championships, they're gonna have to start passing the ball more and trusting their teammates. I think Kevin might be gone from Oklahoma soon because I don't think him and Russell can last too much longer together because they're gonna get tired of not getting championships.


    About that life

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •