once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The King of Limbs

This album is fucking great, it's the progression i was hoping for after In Rainbows.

I bought it this afternoon.

I like their earlier material, but they always seemed to have standout tracks that i would play constantly while i forgot about the rest of the album.

This and In Rainbows are perfect for my tastes.

favourite track i think

Quote Originally Posted by bateman. View Post
    This album is fucking great, it's the progression i was hoping for after In Rainbows.

I bought it this afternoon.

I like their earlier material, but they always seemed to have standout tracks that i would play constantly while i forgot about the rest of the album.

This and In Rainbows are perfect for my tastes.
    Sounds promising. In Rainbows is my favourite Radiohead album. I'm not gonna listen to a single track from this album until I physically have it in my hands.

THE LORD noel411 HAS A NEW ALBUM OUT!!! Czech it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...80#post2575080

Suck this drunk alcohol dick.

Nah man i cant say this is a good followup to In Rainbows that shit set the bar at an insane level. This is a cool listen but... i dont think ive checked it since the week it leaked.

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

For 10 songs deep this shit is potent as fuck

favorite tracks are; little by little, lotus flower, and codex

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

? ten songs

btw, I never knew people could consider In Rainbows their best album [and I love it too]

my fav. is OK Computer, this one had two tracks where they were experimenting too much
    bring back begongo!!

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

yea 8 tracks. my bad
    Last edited by Dr Sleepwalker; 05-12-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Nah I didnt mean set the bar as in best radiohead album. I just expected alot after In Rainbows because it was a return to form and some songs are just incredible on In Rainbows. None of the songs on this hit me like Arpeggi, All I need,Videotape... etc i can go on.

you forgot Reckoner ^

In Rainbows is sick but I enjoyed King of limbs and still do.I put it away a month ago but I'm tempted to dig it back out cuz of songs like this

thats my fav shit of king of limbs

I like the way the albums starts too and I don't really have a problem with the running time being as short as it is. Radiohead has an awesome catalog

their catalogue is amazingly consistent; this whole album just flows, but little by little, seperator, and codex are definitely the standouts, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    btw, I never knew people could consider In Rainbows their best album [and I love it too]
    I don't know if I'd call it their best album (possibly), but it's definitely my favourite. It's my bass fishing album lolz. Every time I head out to the sticks to do some bass fishing I listen to 'In Rainbows' during the drive. It's become tradition. Works out well. About 20 minutes each way gets me through the album nicely.

Anyway, I like 'King of Limbs' quite a lot. It's probably the only Radiohead album where I could say there's really nothing new about it. It would fit right in with 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac' imo. But they sound comfortable in what they're doing. It's not so much experimental now as it is just Radiohead doing what they do. My picks would be 'Morning Mr Magpie', 'Little By Little', 'Codex' (one of the most beautiful songs they've done), 'Give up the Ghost' and 'Separator'. Which is a good portion of the album, but all those songs really stand out to me. I love that final 3 song run especially. The only songs one it I don't really like are 'Feral' and 'Bloom'.

This album is a superb soundtrack to solitary walks on the beach on a clear, sunny day.

Did you check out the follow up tracks to King of Limbs Noel?

All pretty good i think, i think i prefer The Butcher/Supercollider to quite a few of the tracks on King Of Limbs.

After giving King of Limbs a couple of months play, it's still a very enjoyable listen. Not sure where i'd rank it among the rest of their albums.