Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the bird flu

Default Re: the bird flu

i dont want to play the 'man-made-small-pox' game
    Um, huh? What game is that? They didn't make the thing as it killed them too, they simply spread it. The main point isn't the origin though, but that its something that needed to be killed.

we cant keep approaching these flus the way we are

every time we 'wipe them out' they become stronger

and man become relatively weaker
    Untrue. We've been fine since 1918. Almost 100 years. Thats hardly a steady progression of flu strenght. Also, we haven't been getting weaker. Everytime we survive something we get STRONGER. You catch the chicken pox, what happens? You don't get it again because you're stronger. So when you survive last seasons flu, you're tougher because of it. When man survives a disaster and learns from it, we're stronger.

what happens is governments don't invest and spend money on science and research, so when something like this happens, everyone panics because there's no vaccine.

The government DOES spend money on the research. Thats why theres a vaccine EVERY YEAR for the flu. Problem is that that shit mutates and shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Os3y3ris
    You catch the chicken pox, what happens? You don't get it again because you're stronger. So when you survive last seasons flu, you're tougher because of it. When man survives a disaster and learns from it, we're stronger.
    so we're kind of undermining our own natural selection by using desinfection and medication? It's not the fittest who survive but the ones with either a good healthcare system or lost of money, which is contradictionary to the selection nature has been relying on since it all started.

Wrong. Is not coummunity a natural function?

Untrue. We've been fine since 1918. Almost 100 years. Thats hardly a steady progression of flu strenght. Also, we haven't been getting weaker. Everytime we survive something we get STRONGER. You catch the chicken pox, what happens? You don't get it again because you're stronger. So when you survive last seasons flu, you're tougher because of it. When man survives a disaster and learns from it, we're stronger.
    when man survives a flu without intervention he gets stronger

the reason why we took a sudden turn and appeared 'healthier' (in response to your 1918 bit) is because anti-biotics became prevalent this past century

this is where the 'buy-now-pay-later' theory comes into effect

if you are using anything other than food as your medecine you are in for some trouble

and O

when was the last time you saw a group of people learn from a disaster and not make the same mistakes?
    your mother's dick

Sweet6

World War 1

oh wait..

good point.

I don't listen to the media too seriously since they told me we were all gonna die of SARS and then it vanished killin like 30 people. Fuckin fear mongers to get you to read.

And O, when someone starts a fight with LHX he actually DOESN'T hit them. lol

Sweet6

I heard Katrina victims refused meat from England because they're paranoid about the mad cow dissease.

when man survives a flu without intervention he gets stronger
    I wasn't referring to the immune system. In terms if dealing with pandemics we've progressed. In terms of dealing with disease we've progressed. At the very least we can look back and take notes.

the reason why we took a sudden turn and appeared 'healthier' (in response to your 1918 bit) is because anti-biotics became prevalent this past century
    Also, the flu strains are different.

this is where the 'buy-now-pay-later' theory comes into effect
    Lets say you don't fight teh first thing that comes your way. You're not gonna live to pay later. I'll buy now, than you.

if you are using anything other than food as your medecine you are in for some trouble
    I'm healthy enough not to need most medicines or vaccines, but not medicating yourself when in dire straits is foolishness.

when was the last time you saw a group of people learn from a disaster and not make the same mistakes?
    The Japanese off the top of my head.

World War 1

oh wait..

good point.
    WW1 was caused in large part by tangled alliances. WW2 was caused by rampant fascism, racism and nationalism.

I heard Katrina victims refused meat from England because they're paranoid about the mad cow dissease.
    More like the government did.

And O, when someone starts a fight with LHX he actually DOESN'T hit them. lol
    Thats sad.

Lets say you don't fight teh first thing that comes your way. You're not gonna live to pay later. I'll buy now, than you.
    PEACE O

we reach our fundamental difference

its all love tho

PEACE

LHX -
    lets other forces do the fighting for him
    your mother's dick

peace

Viruses are a fact of life. every organism is victimized by viruses, every organism has defenses against them. The tree of life will never be free of these parasites. Mutation and natural selection guarantee that viral genomes will continually adapt to the defenses offered by their hosts, regardless of whether those defenses are devised by the immune system or by biomedical researchers. Thus, combating them demands eternal vigilance. Obviously prenventive medicine should be a main message.

I've read about the dangers of vaccines, but the fact is that they have helped control: Small pox, TB, the Plague, Rabies, Diptheria, Yellow Fever and more.

One could say that 150 years ago, a very large percentage of us, possibly yourself or your entire family, would not be here right now if not for vaccines.

peace

viruses are a refining tool for the righteous

i remember a dude getting interviewed who survived ebola when it busted out
    interviewer: 'how'd you do it?'
    guy: 'i stayed very still'

lets not make life too over-rated

the whole 'you wouldnt be here' shit belongs in disney movies

fuck vaccines

take the poison out of the food and lets see whats up
    your mother's dick

Quote Originally Posted by LHX
    viruses are a refining tool for the righteous

i remember a dude getting interviewed who survived ebola when it busted out
    interviewer: 'how'd you do it?'
    guy: 'i stayed very still'

lets not make life too over-rated
    the whole 'you wouldnt be here' shit belongs in disney movies

fuck vaccines
    take the poison out of the food and lets see whats
    Similar to how humans that act like viruses are a refining tool for the righteous?

Interesting perspective.

The "wouldn't be here" comment though, while corny is probably true, regardless. I tend to hold life among the highest blessings.

Eating right would probably help to the point of looking miraculous. but the viruses still wouldn't go anywhere, and eventually probably evolve to the future standard, as is true for all organisms whose intake is perfectly at balance with the earth.

peace

viruses and man coexist - if there is no man there is no virus

so who exactly is it that these viruses are killing?
    your mother's dick