once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: WTF? How do I enable media streaming from Windows 7 to my PS3? tried mad shit...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Balls Deep food for thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
    Posts
    18,328
    Rep Power
    118

    Default WTF? How do I enable media streaming from Windows 7 to my PS3? tried mad shit...

    I added a homegroup and turned on network discovery and file sharing

    Went to WMP and "Allowed access to my media to all devices"




    at first i was gettin the error message when i click my PC icon on my PS3 but now it just dosent show up at all (under music/videos/pictures)
    We do it for the people.





  2. #2
    Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ATX
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,249
    Rep Power
    25

  3. #3
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    47,083
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    it took me a lot of trial and error to get the streaming working.

    i forget exactly what i did.. changed a lot of security permissions, disabled the firewall and some other shit


    I'll have to check out that project BRONZE posted. Looks like you put it on a thumb drive?

  4. #4
    Balls Deep food for thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
    Posts
    18,328
    Rep Power
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    it took me a lot of trial and error to get the streaming working.

    i forget exactly what i did.. changed a lot of security permissions, disabled the firewall and some other shit


    I'll have to check out that project BRONZE posted. Looks like you put it on a thumb drive?
    i just put in on my local drive and it works

    the PS3 detects 'PS3 media server' and all the files are under there
    We do it for the people.





  5. #5
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    47,083
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    looks like it can even stream media from macs? that would be nice.

  6. #6
    Balls Deep food for thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
    Posts
    18,328
    Rep Power
    118

    Default

    thanks bronze, this is great
    We do it for the people.





  7. #7
    Balls Deep food for thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
    Posts
    18,328
    Rep Power
    118

    Default

    video steam is real choppy though so ill have to figure out whats the problem with that
    We do it for the people.





  8. #8
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    47,083
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I got video streaming working fine, from my macbook. However it wont play mp3s. It always says that titles don't exist.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member shaolinsword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Basildon, Essex
    Posts
    2,682
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    video steam is real choppy though so ill have to figure out whats the problem with that
    How have you got it hooked up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    I got video streaming working fine, from my macbook. However it wont play mp3s. It always says that titles don't exist.
    The PS3 doesn't seem to like streaming music because it doesn't read mine either

  10. #10
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    47,083
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    How have you got it hooked up?



    The PS3 doesn't seem to like streaming music because it doesn't read mine either
    It streams all my music on my spare windows7 laptop fine. Just has trouble with the mac.

  11. #11
    Balls Deep food for thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
    Posts
    18,328
    Rep Power
    118

    Default

    lol jesus.

    my PS3 is streaming mp3 with no issues but the video steam is choppy/laggy

    How have you got it hooked up?
    i just turn on the media server on my computer end and play the video from my PS3

    i havent changed any settings at all yet


    ill try another video and see if its still choppy and let you know
    We do it for the people.





  12. #12
    Balls Deep food for thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
    Posts
    18,328
    Rep Power
    118

    Default

    lol so i just turned on my ps3 to stream music from my laptop and I noticed my laptop is now showing up on my ps3 under available media servers

    so it sees my pc directly like i was trying to get it to do and it sees the 'PS3 Media Server' too

    lol

    so i guess i did change all the right setting after all
    We do it for the people.





  13. #13
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    47,083
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    If you have choppy video, try adjusting the size of the buffer option. Make it a higher number.

  14. #14
    Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shadowland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,517
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    I've been doing this for a minute......

    There's a lot of factors you have to consider:

    Your Wireless Router/speeds/features


    The Codecs/file type of the movie
    http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about4283.html

    The program your using to stream

    -----------------------


    Out the gate you should put your ps3 to a static IP, in the DMZ for your router. Google that shit bitch what do I look like?

    get yourself a decent router, and update the firmware on that motherfucker. Doesn't nessicarily have to be an expensive one. Some older routers work good, just check the speeds it can handle.

    Linksys WRT54G worked for me until lightening struck, now i'm running an e 3000 with a built in media server. the built in media was garbage, idk if they fixed the bugs i haven't checked for updates for a minute....

    use this if you have problems with windows media player server I recommend:

    http://tversity.com/

    and use this if your NINJA (Mac or Linux) like me:

    http://mediatomb.cc/

    Good Luck!

  15. #15
    PRODIGAL SUN Bobby_Digital72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Killa Cal
    Posts
    707
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WARPATH View Post
    I've been doing this for a minute......

    There's a lot of factors you have to consider:

    Your Wireless Router/speeds/features


    The Codecs/file type of the movie
    http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about4283.html

    The program your using to stream

    -----------------------


    Out the gate you should put your ps3 to a static IP, in the DMZ for your router. Google that shit bitch what do I look like?

    get yourself a decent router, and update the firmware on that motherfucker. Doesn't nessicarily have to be an expensive one. Some older routers work good, just check the speeds it can handle.

    Linksys WRT54G worked for me until lightening struck, now i'm running an e 3000 with a built in media server. the built in media was garbage, idk if they fixed the bugs i haven't checked for updates for a minute....

    use this if you have problems with windows media player server I recommend:

    http://tversity.com/

    and use this if your NINJA (Mac or Linux) like me:

    http://mediatomb.cc/

    Good Luck!
    Thanx i'm gonna have to check this out .. I've been using it just for games and netflix like a sucka..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •