Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what causes the mind to operate on fear?

Default what causes the mind to operate on fear?

what causes the mind to operate on fear and a person to develop phobias?

Those things come from 2 places, the self or outside the self. Past experiences that actually caused injury will create a fear of the similar thing happening.
    The question is, Is it probable it will happen again? Maybe maybe not, depends on the situation.

The other is self talk. What we tell ourselves and or allow our minds and emotions to wander on.

The way to get over them is to realize that fear comes from living in the past or the future 99.9999999 percent of the time. Very few moments of our life are we actually IN danger. I have noticed that when that moment happens usually we simply react there isn't time for fear. Fear comes before and after.

i went to an indoor firing range for the first time monday. there were 20 people, who i didnt know, all popping shots and standing right next to me. i was trippin for the first half-hour. "what if one of them goes crazy and starts shooting people?" i had to just accept that if i really thought someone would shoot me, i need to leave. if not, then stop thinking about it and relax.

so yeah, your point rings true to me. i was living in the future.

how that book reading come along

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

agrreeee
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
    how that book reading come along
    a lot of them i have already read. i was really looking for docs. to watch on my netflix which i had just set up. i read some of the e book that graveface posted. a few of the ones you mentioned i never heard of so i need to get up on them still.

so has a lot to do with the right/left hemisphere of the brain

Um...death, maybe?

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

...ignorance.

Req Em Ab

i think we fear due to the oppose negative outcome it may render on a person. a prime example is when you're in your youth and you're first learning how to ride a bike so your parents put on training wheels but when it time to take off those try wheels youre somewhat hesistant because of the fact you dont have any balance when the training wheels was keeping you grounded.

fear of rejection is another example

THIS DOCTOR SAYS THERE ARE ENERGY CHANNELS IN THE BRAIN (NEURONS AND SYNAPSES) THAT DEVELOP OVER TIME. THESE NUERO PATHWAYS BECOME INGRAINED MORE AND MORE AS A PERSON USES THEM. ITS A GOOD READ AND HE HAS THE HIGHEST SUCCESS RATE CURING PHOBIAS AND ADDICTIONS ETC THEN ANY OTHER PSYCHOLOGIST.

http://www.rogercallahan.com/cmd.php?af=1315560

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Veteran Member

I think "face" summed it up very simply. The mind doesn't know (ignorance) and seeks knowing, so it invents images and scenarios, which is fear. Where there is sufficient knowledge about of a thing, there is no room for fear.

i dont know fmj i agree with what you and face said however i think its a bit of both ignorance and the "negative connotations" that can come from an outcome

umm no. its definitely negative neuropathwys. you can bllast them out nd they will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.