once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 116

Thread: A serious question for you to ponder

  1. #16
    ...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Within the ALL...
    Age
    34
    Posts
    758
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    ...is there anyone left on KTL that subscribes to an organised religion and the Judeo-Christian god???

    Req Em Ab



  2. #17

    Default

    just that 65 year old guy

  3. #18
    FRESH FISH tostones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Is the "illuminati" evil because they control, or is that one amongst many reasons they are evil - like seeking self-gain through enslavement? Is that what would make god "evil", control? I thought Christians viewed God as judging their free choices, thus handing over control to human kind but not the judgment of what is righteous. Ultimately that is a form of control but one they feel they can comfortably align themselves with morally, boiling down to a good vs evil thing.

    Not sure how many peeps here are straight fundamentalist christians (insert mainstream religious dogma) fightin illuminati though

  4. #19
    1% Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Invisible College
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    hilarious. i see what you did there. this is not even a question. sheep, do not fall for it.
    This answer will win you no brownie points.












  5. #20
    1% Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Invisible College
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    ...is there anyone left on KTL that subscribes to an organised religion and the Judeo-Christian god???
    I think that religious pluralism, something that many people who post in this subforum subscribe to, tends to indicate a selective belief in the scriptures of organised religion and an omnipotent being.

    I think some of you are conveniently taking me too literally (not you of course).












  6. #21
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    514 - MTL - 514
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    This answer will win you no brownie points.
    cool. i'm not here to look cool but i'm also not here to end up in a back and forth argument where no parties are willing to consider changing their perspectives. although you started this thread claiming to ask a serious question, the underlying and sublime intention was more of a "i'm inviting you to share your belief so i can make you look stupid and shit all over your argument." i see what you did, you set a trap, and it is a classical move to make you look innocent by disguising an attack in the form of a question. even if it were not your intention to cloak this attack, and I am really wrong... your thread title, introductory paragraph, and first post as a whole, are deceiving.

  7. #22
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    O-Block
    Posts
    11,933
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    It has a condescending and disrespectful tone.

    I also agree with Sham-ill.

  8. #23

    Default

    It definitely seems as if he is right but perhaps not

  9. #24
    Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    On your roof
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,341
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    cool. i'm not here to look cool but i'm also not here to end up in a back and forth argument where no parties are willing to consider changing their perspectives. although you started this thread claiming to ask a serious question, the underlying and sublime intention was more of a "i'm inviting you to share your belief so i can make you look stupid and shit all over your argument." i see what you did, you set a trap, and it is a classical move to make you look innocent by disguising an attack in the form of a question. even if it were not your intention to cloak this attack, and I am really wrong... your thread title, introductory paragraph, and first post as a whole, are deceiving.
    (\(\
    ( - -)
    ((') (')






    I found out that less you believe and fear the Godly powers/powers that be, the more easy it gets for you and more you can actually do to influence your surroundings. Blessed be the atheists, for they have inherited the smarts.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

  10. #25
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    514 - MTL - 514
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ^to each their own.

  11. #26
    1% Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Invisible College
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    It has a condescending and disrespectful tone.

    I also agree with Sham-ill.
    It's certainly not condescending. It is not disrespectful either. The criticisms are legitimate.

    If you disagree with my arguement you can contend with it. That is the point of having a debate.












  12. #27
    1% Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Invisible College
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    cool. i'm not here to look cool but i'm also not here to end up in a back and forth argument where no parties are willing to consider changing their perspectives. although you started this thread claiming to ask a serious question, the underlying and sublime intention was more of a "i'm inviting you to share your belief so i can make you look stupid and shit all over your argument." i see what you did, you set a trap, and it is a classical move to make you look innocent by disguising an attack in the form of a question. even if it were not your intention to cloak this attack, and I am really wrong... your thread title, introductory paragraph, and first post as a whole, are deceiving.

    How is my question deceitful? Are you telling me you don't think it's legitimate?


    I'm not trying to "shit on" religious people. I believe everyone is entitled to whatever religious beliefs they see fit to choose. However, they should expect criticism for those beliefs just like everyone else.

    Are you implying that is unjust? That religion should be immune from critique?

    If so, please enlighten me.

    Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I cannot be civil with you. I'm not trying to get into circular arguments, I'm all too familiar with that in KTL.

    You have nothing to be scared of, I just think I have a reasonable point that should be addressed.















  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    I dont believe in A divine being..
    i am the divine being, we are all the divine beings.. more like our consciousness is the divine being.. the good has to be their with the bad., for our conscious to be able to experiance everything it desires,. for it to move on ( from this reality )
    but on an individual level.. i dont even feel im here, im experiancing this reality through my human vessel,. this human body decodes everything in this reality through it senses.. all i fuck with is energy.. if i feel sick vibes.. im up for it.. if i dont .. i stay clear.. i think the most important thing ive learnt, to have a positive and fulfilling life is.. always be positive. never have negative emotions as they will just fuck you up, and make you more intune with this physical reality
    Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
    im god. i harness the creative powers of the universe
    You guys are such romantics.



  14. #29

    Default

    how is a religious person gonna rebel against god like he would against other men? if you're religious, you probably accept that god's will just "is what it is". nothing you can do to change it so why fight it? being oppressed by god and by men aren't the same thing.

  15. #30

    Default

    If 'god' is omnipotent then surely the 'illuminati' are included in that omnipotence..

    I think its natural for people to observe the world from the starting point of, "I am right" and whatever is creating dissatisfaction is an external interference, ie; the illuminati etc..

    "First off, I presume many of you are familiar with the concept of cognitive dissonance, whereby an individual tries to reduce the discomfort caused by holding two conflicting ideas in one's head at the same time".
    The downfall of conspiracy theory, is that; an outside influence is conspiring against you.. so you are automatically defensive of this threat, and looking for it so as to prove your belief, (that your being conspired against)

    The trouble with the traditional scientific method would be that the observer is left out of the observation, conspiracy theory's use this approach as well. We are inescapably part of the whole.

    when you really analyze

    When presented with an experience one must first observe the energies surounding and filling the experience, this leads to action, when we skip the observation we go into the mind and try to define and rationalize the experience which leads to a reaction. The difference between an action and a reaction is controlled intent, and action is a controlled intention and allows you to control the experience, a reaction is uncontrolled and stems from the mind when it has little understanding of what it is experiencing.

    Observation is key to understanding and understanding is key to controlling actions/reactions.
    Last edited by Fatal Guillotine; 04-01-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •