once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Am I the only one that thinks...

Default Am I the only one that thinks...

4,5,6 is the hands down best G Rap album, and one of the best hardcore records of the nineties?

Inspektah Meth-Tical

It's not his best. Live and Let Die is better but it definetly is his second best and both are two of the best in the 90's. Fuck Allmusic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Lugor View Post
    4,5,6 is the hands down best G Rap album, and one of the best hardcore records of the nineties?
    Agreed. Live and Let Die is definitely a classic, but I prefer 4,5,6. Such a grimy album. b1, nas, & mf grimm all kill their guest spots too.

"Wanted: Dead or Alive" is his best overall album to me, but "4, 5, 6" is definitely underrated by many.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Banned

live and let die is the benchmark for me...

the stories... the production... the vibe... i still play that shit start to finish... flawless!!!!!!!!!! its incredible how underrated that album is, even back then... it was slept on...

and i love 4,5,6...

but on the low...

i actually like THE GIANCANA STORY more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the giancana story is where kool g rap upgraded his whole shit, and murdered niggas with threats, and street talk tip to tip... he fell back on the storytelling... and brutalized every emcee in existence, with the most technical street rap i ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he murdered so many different flows on that album, all high octane shot out of a cannon shit... that makes you wanna kill innocent bystanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fucked up how these kids couldnt cop a g rap record in stores if they tried... rawkus pump faking on the god, albums gettin yanked off the shelves... alotta BS...

cant wait on that new album... cuz g rap can still potentially drop his most advanced shit yet... that nigga doesnt rust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this shit reminded me of 4,5,6...

I don't know if "4, 5, 6" is his best, but its definitely my favorite and the one that gets the most spins from me.

Since no one has brought it up, im gonna give Rated XXX some shine too, a seriously overlooked album.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Since no one has brought it up, im gonna give Rated XXX some shine too, a seriously overlooked album.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I was just bumpin this track then stumbled upon this thread...

personally, 4,5,6 is my favourite G Rap album. they are all dope as fuck tho, some have less herion injection but for the most part i have never been disappointed by a KGR release.

but ya 4,5,6 is prolly my favourite joint. and Angry if it makes youu happy, last time i was in a record shop i saw 3 copies of Giacana Story, Live and Let Die and 4,5,6. so G gettin his shine at least some where lol

Kool G Rap's entire discography is ridiculous.

Fuckin' LEGEND!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.