Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare(?) Wu CD covers.....

Default Rare(?) Wu CD covers.....

I'm sure not everyone has seen some of these and theyre high rez so....

(bobby digital nyc everything/do you hear the bells magazine sampler)

(triumph UK single edition)

NTyce CD single, went on to become Deadly Venoms affiliate all girl group. 4th Disciple produced this single.

UK edition of Youre all I need to Get By

No Love without hate CD single

UK edition sinlge of On & On

Pretty rare single featuring non album tracks freak the sorceres and the re-incarnation of freud

Method Man OG promo single (back)

Forever sampler

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

If you were physically buying Hip Hop music between 1993 and 97 those releases above weren't rare except for the Wu sampler and the Bobby Digital sampler. You could buy most those albums on CD or cassette by walking into your local Sam Goody, HMV, Tower etc.

Ghostface - Good Times promo 12", got this at the excellent Sound Library NYC record store

Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep clean edit, got this at a record convention in NY. Never thought I'd see a clean version of THIS album..

don't remember how I scored this one, probably somewhere in the East Village, Manhattan

BulletProof Wallets bonus cuts, I think I got this at Sound Library NYC too

Tees available now at http://ebay.to/2cGG9pL

wow, that looks like the dopest shit on wax. i want!!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

word i remember seeing these in my local music store a few years back in the vinyl used section

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    If you were physically buying Hip Hop music between 1993 and 97 those releases above weren't rare except for the Wu sampler and the Bobby Digital sampler. You could buy most those albums on CD or cassette by walking into your local Sam Goody, HMV, Tower etc.
    According to the guy thaat posted them on his site the Gravediggaz one was hard to find back in the day. Don't forget though these are also alot of UK special editions so there was no way you were finding them in the states.

No artificial sleazy

Japan has a lot of special editions as well. Yet that is true for almost any genre of music they consume from the U.S.

^^method, raekwon + cappa - "The Crow" i never heard of this song can someone post the mp3 link

Quote Originally Posted by mAlAkAz View Post

^^method, raekwon + cappa - "The Crow" i never heard of this song can someone post the mp3 link

Last edited by Caper; 05-12-2011 at 12:32 AM.

the crow = dart throwing

rap pavillon = oh donna

i need that 5 styles of shaolin ep in good quality

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post

BulletProof Wallets bonus cuts, I think I got this at Sound Library NYC too
    fuck i remember holding this one in my hand at a vinyl shop in copenhagen in 2002 and didn't have much money on me - i went between that and a promotional 2xLP version of NaS "The Lost Tapes" that had just dropped. i went with Nas which turned out to be the clean version. damn i still wish i would've changed my mind when i see that cover. BPW was an interesting album, cuz some of the best songs got cut, sadly... remember ?uestlove's review of his advance copy where he called it one of the best Wu albums of all time, i bet he was dissapointed as fuck when the retail dropped considering how much he praised tracks like "The Sun", "Good Times" and "Flowers".

Raekwon's "Lex Diamond Story" - advance CD copy, featuring 18 tracks and 12 of them are exclusive to this advance. i never came across this tho.

The advane copy of Cappa's "Yin & Yang" that was released before the beef with RZA. had this been released instead people wouldn't hate on the album nearly as much - it's the same album but features two incredible RZA tracks as well (13 in total) - "Why It Gotta Be This?" and "Real Niggaz" with P. Sunn on the hook. those songs together with "Supa Model" would (almost) save the album.

remember this promo 12" from when Cappa & Ghost was forming THE ODD COUPLE and dropped the song W.T.C. Pt. II. shit that song is such a masterpiece, Ayatollah production. that album would've been incredible, Ghost still had his abstract style (this was 2002).

Meth's "Ticaal: The Alter-Ego Remixes", a Japanese release only featuring all or at least most of the remixes that appeared on the Meth singles from 1994 to 1998. RZA, Erick Sermon, DJ Krush, Roni Size, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Tricky and Puff Daddy. Dope!!

I don't think this 12" single is very rare, it's the "Judgement Day" remix single and i'm posting it cuz i bought it in London and played the shit out of certain tracks. The Tricky remix is aight but the two Roni Size remixes are absolute classics (personal classics that is). i don't know how many times i bumped those on high volumes when i've had alot of people over in my old apartment that me and my brother shared and partied, using and abusing all kind of drugs lol

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Banned

[QUOTE=Ghost In The 'Lac;2094346]

UK edition of Youre all I need to Get By

you could see that poster in the tv show the Wayans Bros.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post

UK edition sinlge of On & On

Shyheim looks maad sexy here posing like a model.

i must 've missed sum of those

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Here's some scans of the back cover (above) and the actual CD (below) from that Gravediggaz Nowhere To Run single. Can't remember where I bought it, but I know it had to be in some commercial record store chain back in '97.

^Check out Frukwan's lyrics engraved into the CD design

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    fuck i remember holding this one in my hand at a vinyl shop in copenhagen in 2002 and didn't have much money on me
    I want to go to Denmark soon, I speak to a girl who lives there and loves Hip Hop. I remember holding Rae's Cuban Linx instrumentals and not having enough dough to buy right then, but then I found them digging about 8 years later. Sometimes you need to save then dig harder later. Nice album selections you posted, I don't have any of those.

@Jammin, I can rip a copy of 5 Styles Of Shaolin from my vinyl copy to mp3 if you want.

Tees available now at http://ebay.to/2cGG9pL

^ thats some fuckin sick cd art