once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Raekwon is Easily the Best Member Of The Wu

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

IMMOBILARTY WASnT WU SOUNDING, CASABLANCA WAS OK NOT FEELING THAT LP EXCEPT FOR THE PETE ROCK TRACK SNEAKERS
    RAE EVEN MADE THIS WACK ASS LP

MASTA KILLA IS WU TANG

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 05-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmaxeat View Post
    I'm just wondering how you can put U-God above Inspectah deck, Inspectah deck is the most overlooked member of the wu. (debatable) Only Gza can top his lyrical skill but Deck has a much better flow. The Movement and Uncontrolled Substance were great albums.
    My List:
    1. Inspectah Deck (Amazing Flow, Amazing Rhymes, Amazing Voice, Overlooked)
    2. Gza (LS, Beneath the Surface and Legend of the Liquid Swords are amazing albums)
    3. Raekwon (Best solo albums in total)
    4. Ghost (Best story teller hands down)
    5. Rza (Best Producer ever, I think his peak was when he was in Gravediggaz)
    6. Masta Killa (No Said Date was a classic)
    7. Method Man (Tical & Blackout are the only 2 albums I have from him)
    8. U-God (He's got great potential and has a great voice for hip hop)
    9. ODB (I Like Return to 36 Chambers, but haven't heard much from his other albums)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My list was current wu-tang not overall im talking since 8D, and yh mef was good on massacre but realistically he was only on 8 tracks!!! everyone list differs and everyone has their fav, RAE isnt my fav mine is U-God however i simply putting a list that is current togeth and DECK has not been great since the Early 00's bar a couple of guest spots here and there!
    Become a fan on facebook www.facebook.com/griffin.promo.uk

Follow me on twitter @LeePGriffin

Quote Originally Posted by leegriffo88 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My list was current wu-tang not overall im talking since 8D, and yh mef was good on massacre but realistically he was only on 8 tracks!!! everyone list differs and everyone has their fav, RAE isnt my fav mine is U-God however i simply putting a list that is current togeth and DECK has not been great since the Early 00's bar a couple of guest spots here and there!
    Yeah... Manifesto wasn't that good... but I hope his next (and last) album is good

Quote Originally Posted by eatmaxeat View Post
    Yeah... Manifesto wasn't that good... but I hope his next (and last) album is good
    Yh man but somehow i just dont see it deck needs heavy features to have a classic album, not many in the wu can hold it on there own for a full album. My opinion would be to the late great ODB, Method Man and Ghost & wu affiliate Killah Priest that could go from track 1 to track 16 on their own!!! Maybe Pop Da Brown Hornet too
    Become a fan on facebook www.facebook.com/griffin.promo.uk

Follow me on twitter @LeePGriffin

courage under fire War and Peace's Avatar
    walking through the valley of the shadow of death

I recognize about half of the usernames in this thread.. laugh out loud at me not recognizing the other half of them... wu corp is so watered down since I first registered..
    I highly doubt anyone will ever surpass the RZA in Wu rank.
    Listen to The Pick, The Sickle & The Shovel once, properly, without your moms yellin at you to finish a chore... listen to the Protect Ya Neck instrumental for heaven's sake

GOLDEN ARMS REDEMPTION

'Forked tongue make painful kisses...........and fam, when you talk, then the angels listen.'

Raekwon is far from the mc he was ! Idk about him being the best but as far as the most relevent yess..his mundane voice and wordplay can ruin a song at times but with that said every member of Wu is just a shell of there former selves. Imo Method Man is the best because he still has a youthful quality about him and he spits heat like its still '95....I'm ghooooost...
    "Who shot tha duck out tha window" !!!!..Ghostface Killah

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    and one of the greatest ever. aint nobody in the wu fuckin wit him except maybe ghost, and thats only because he has stayed relevant and hasn't dropped a bad album. Raekwon outshine niggas all the time, even niggas like nas.
    Raekwon made bad albums and was completely irrelevant from 1999 - 2009.

Props to the Chef for coming back so hard he gave his fans memory loss.