Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: general strike & riots in greece

Ridin' On Trichomes soul controller's Avatar
    Chillin on sesame street puffin a 10th letter

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    Okay but love doesn't pay the bills. People NEED money to live and love.

1.) Money
    2.) Power
    3.) Love

Think about it.

Thats the old system, its failed time and time again, what will the ppeople in power keep doing? create more meaningless paper?? thats worthless and even more devalued??
    how long before people see the fallacy in this system.. its collsapsing and failing all over the globe..

pay bills? was you born to pay bills? was you born to work 24/7?

are you free?

lol i dont need to think about it,. i know how the money system is created.

lol....soul controller how to you think stuff gets done without work?

how do building get built, roads paved, etc. etc.

the only way we go back to "utopia" hunter gatherer societies is if we forget anything we've learned and 3/4 of the people on the planet die off.
    Look eye, always look eye.

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    Thats the old system, its failed time and time again, what will the ppeople in power keep doing? create more meaningless paper?? thats worthless and even more devalued??
    how long before people see the fallacy in this system.. its collsapsing and failing all over the globe..

pay bills? was you born to pay bills? was you born to work 24/7?

are you free?

lol i dont need to think about it,. i know how the money system is created.

Dude, what do you think we're suppose to do? Some people are blessed to have from come a good family and others aren't so lucky. I don't think you have a grasp on what life is all about. Money is more powerful than love and it'll always be. Again, love doesn't pay the bills.

Why do you think that there are so many murder-suicides occurring? It's money. People are losing their jobs and as a result of that, families are breaking up because THERE IS NO MORE INCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by DickyTouch View Post
    lol....soul controller how to you think stuff gets done without work?

how do building get built, roads paved, etc. etc.

the only way we go back to "utopia" hunter gatherer societies is if we forget anything we've learned and 3/4 of the people on the planet die off.

total re-education of the masses, a total seperation between state and corporation, more value to be put into people, rather than inanimate material objects.

stuff will still get done.. depends what stuff you mean tho.. like pointlessy sending probes to the far reaches of the solar system.. should end.. how many billion for that shit?? pointless research in particle acceleration.. how many billions???

why would we need to forget what we have learnt??

we are not advanced enough as a civilisation, to even understand how much we destroy this planet on the daily..
    that is the pinnacle of our society? lols

everything will still get done, as long as their is a genuine need, but pointless shit, shouldnt even be contemplated, especially when ok.. lets just go for america..
    almost 30% unemployment.
    some parts of the states have 60% poverty line, while the average is 30%

the wealth (the illusion of wealth/status) is controlled by a very few,.
    society would need to be totally re built. people re educated, the media not used to push the every man for themselves b/s
    even update einsteins stupid survival of the fittest shit.

so much can be done,. but people are too attatched to this materialistic system, that has them working as slaves, to live for free..

i guess the best way for this to happen,. is to rebuild from the destruction

with whoever/whatevers left.

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post

stuff will still get done.. depends what stuff you mean tho.. like pointlessy sending probes to the far reaches of the solar system.. should end.. how many billion for that shit?? pointless research in particle acceleration.. how many billions???
    I disagree with this entirely

There is nothing pointless about making advances in the study/understanding of physics and exploration of the solar system, unless you are some sort of religious fundamentalist or xenophobe who's scared an ET might have a bigger penis than you.

Money is not a requirement to push our boundaries and bring satellites,probes, plus any other tech into fruition. We could live in a cashless society and still accomplish all of this. Some sort of incentive would still likely be needed to entice the brightest minds. Notoriety used to be enough...

As if the driving force behind our species curiosity is monetary gain.
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 10-10-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    I disagree with this entirely

There is nothing pointless about making advances in the study/understanding of physics and exploration of the solar system, unless you are some sort of religious fundamentalist or xenophobe who's scared an ET might have a bigger penis than you.

Money is not a requirement to push our boundaries and bring satellites,probes, plus any other tech into fruition. We could live in a cashless society and still accomplish all of this. Some sort of incentive would still likely be needed to entice the brightest minds. Notoriety used to be enough...

As if the driving force behind our species curiosity is monetary gain.

its pretty hard to convey all my thoughts in as much depth in short posts..

its pointless, if the rest of the country/state/planet is in trouble.
    its pointless if the same few corporations, make billions on $$$$ while the average joe starves.
    i agree we need to advance in these areas, but in the current economic climate/state it is unfeasable..

i totally agree we can/could live in a cashless society and probably well mos def, gain a better understanding of the sciences than we currently do.

but the current system is based on control,. for us as a species to progress, the current system has to be totally changed,

the curiousty of our species has always been their, will always be their, great minds will always make cutting edge discoveries, breakthroughs.. thats what we as humans do naturally and instinctivly.

if further advancements are done with the benefit of humanity as its design, then im all for it.. but if its for the advancement of a few, at the cost of others.. it can wait.

lol im not religious, i do not believe in no external force controlling us, or shaping ones destiny

you completely mised robby's point.
    just remove money from the society and people will accomplish things for other reasons wehter it be fame/noteriety, to contribute to society, self worth, personal goals/aspirations, etc

i like some of the things the venus project has to say about this.

and if you need help fitting your big thoughts into small packages, try writing haiku.
    we had a dope haiku thread here years ago. i think its time for another.

[QUOTE=STYLE;2157852]
    just remove money from the society and people will accomplish things for other reasons wehter it be fame/noteriety, to contribute to society, self worth, personal goals/aspirations, etc

/QUOTE]

i agree with this 100%

but i dont trust the venus project, comes across like a cult.
    Last edited by soul controller; 10-10-2011 at 05:38 AM.

today we had more riots, its a general strike
    attacked a police station and smashed about 10 banks here lol
    Athens is on fire too

here's a foto from my town before riots start

those 2 fotos i posted before are from athens

48 hours of strikes nationwide.

sick., needs to happen world wide..

respect to the peoples of Greece.

here they are trying to get that wall down

it's outside greek parliament
    another video from the same spot:
    Last edited by etze; 10-19-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: added another video

Is the 99% by any chance the general european population protesting against 1% that is greece.

some more fotos from october 19