Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New track from Legendary Weapons : "Laced Cheeba" feat. Ghostface, Sean P and Trife

Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    so is this gonna be like Chamber Music
    or an actual wu-tang album?
    It's gonna be like "Chamber Music".

Quote Originally Posted by FasterBlade View Post
    doubt it, Chamber Music is still really bland in good qual

its not bad music, its just really limited and has little replay value. aside from hearing some new Sin material, im not that interested in this. for all the live instrumentation and people involved in the music, its very basic imo
    You spoke with my hearth. It's not bad but has most of the wu-"what the fans want"-stuff-made-by-outsiders flaws.

chamber music

Sean P's Aids line killed me, everybody was dope. You either love or you hate Trife because of his voice, not his "cookie cutter delivery" as Panda suggests. He honestly is one of the most technically gifted emcees in the Killa Bee clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

^his lyrics are lame punchline raps to me...he's had a couple of good guest appearances, and the "grew up hard" song was cool, but he just brings the track down when you have ghostface and sean price together...maybe he just sounds shitty by comparison.

I'm not trying to start some shit over difference of opinion, I'm just sayin'...how many rappers out there you know rhyming Rajon Rondo with ensemble?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

i don't know, punchlines rhyming words with athlete names don't do anything for me; but like you said, he's technically skilled, especially at some stuff like internal rhyming and "clever punchlines"...i'm just not interested in his style.

sick...all mc's came with some heat
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

3.5/5 good joint. I aint heard that shit yet though.

To me this track is all the more reason that the Wu/BCC album Sean wants to do should happen.

Even if it just ends up being Ghost/Sean P. or Rae/Sean P. or whoever to helm the album and have tons of features from both camps.

That senario seems alot more realistic than getting a zillion MCs on some one mind, one accord shit to record a massive posse album.
    Last edited by Samurai_Turkey; 07-01-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    Drum patterns in hip hop are very simple and are not the main interest of the genre.

Matter of fact the drum beats that are too complicated do not serve the flow of the lyrics well. RZA understood this very early in his career. He basically always uses the same drum beat, which is the basic "boom chack boom boom chack", with very subtle differences.
    youre french canadian so i will let this slide

but really dude, drums arent the main interest in hip hop. smh

dope track
    hope the whole album is like this

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    youre french canadian so i will let this slide

but really dude, drums arent the main interest in hip hop. smh
    Maybe the fact that I've been playing drums for 20 years should be more relevant to you than the country I live in.

And like Masta Killah once said "the dumb are mostly intrigued by the drums". The main interest in hip hop are the lyrics, their flow and the arrangements. The sounds of the drums is way more important than the drum pattern itself, which as I've said is basically always the same, and when it's not, it looses its impact.

But you can believe people listen to hip hop from the creativity of the drum patterns if you wish to. I don't mind.

This being said, it does sound a lot (maybe too much) like NYC Crack.
    Last edited by Gitche Manito; 07-01-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

The sounds of the drums is way more important than the drum pattern itself
    i agree

but a great drum pattern played by a good live player or cleverly programmed can be the central element of a hip hop song, see the roots, a song like the seed shines even more thanks to its drums

i love the 3 tracks ive heard so far. i dont bump chamber music that much right now but i still think ill cop legendary weapons too.
    Last edited by Mista JpKoff; 07-01-2011 at 01:12 PM.

STREET CORNER, by MANO

that is some fucking nice simple song without any synth, autotune or whatever... that is more music than the entire billboard top50...
    you cant complain about the rhyming too...