once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Thing -(prequel to the 1982 film)

Default The Thing -(prequel to the 1982 film)

Used to love this film as a kid, hope they don't fuck it up!

Looks like they really went all out to make this IDENTICAL to the original, lol.

Srsly, what's the point, it's like when bands cover a song and perform it identically to the original. What's the point if you're not going to bring something new to the table?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

ohhh boy
    42E4GQ9rC90">42E4GQ9rC90" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

https://soundcloud.com/graveyardshif...prod-by-king-h

^^^^^BREAKING IN 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
    Looks like they really went all out to make this IDENTICAL to the original, lol.

Srsly, what's the point, it's like when bands cover a song and perform it identically to the original. What's the point if you're not going to bring something new to the table?
    Its A Double Edged Sword, the minute you make something diffrent people cry that you didnt stay true to the Original, but if you mimic the original too closely they cry about you not bringing anything new to the table

This is gonna be lame, its gonna be nothing but CGI and LOL @ changing the main character to a female

FYI this is the third remake, for those that dont know, the 80's version was a remake of a 50's flick

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

This is actually a prequel to the 1982 film, not a remake. It takes place a few days before the events of the 1982 movie. They should of added something on to the title though instead of calling it 'The Thing' also, to make it a little less confusing, lol

--It is a prequel to the 1982 John Carpenter film of the same name. Matthijs's film will take place right before the first film, following the exploits of the Norwegian and American scientists who originally discovered the alien.

Yup 3 days before the OG, Im assuming like...ALL of them are going to die in this, there wasnt a reported survivor from the first..

"Taking place three days before the events of the John Carpenter film,[5] paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) joins a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across a crashed extraterrestrial spaceship buried in the ice of Antarctica. They discover a creature that seems to have died in the crash eons ago.

When an experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate joins the crew's pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing and imitating them one at a time, using its uncanny ability to mimic any life form it absorbs through digestion, and potentially reaching civilization"

I have a feeling that there might be a survivor from this prequel, and it will probably be that woman paleontologist, which would be lame.

i remember there was The Thing video game for playstation 2 and that shit was the worst. but it will probably be better than this and have better acting.

There will be one survivor....the Norweigan last seen in the beginning of the OG Lars...

Well technically there were two people in the helicopter? lol

As long as they don't do something stupid and have that woman survive, and say that she was in some other area that wasn't searched, during the 1982 movie.

Was gonna make another thread but instead hands up who thinks John Carpenter is a genius? I been watching some of his old flicks again and wow! That guy should be a lot more well known as a director, I mean seriously makes great and thought provoking films about interesting subjects.

The Thing is a great example of him making a film thats weird but not self consciously weird, it just comes out of the story. I think he might be the greatest horror/sci-fi director of all time.

This remake looks completely uninteresting to me.

Not a remake, prequel

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Was gonna make another thread but instead hands up who thinks John Carpenter is a genius? I been watching some of his old flicks again and wow! That guy should be a lot more well known as a director, I mean seriously makes great and thought provoking films about interesting subjects.

The Thing is a great example of him making a film thats weird but not self consciously weird, it just comes out of the story. I think he might be the greatest horror/sci-fi director of all time.

This remake looks completely uninteresting to me.
    \

He was always my favorite horror director as well

The Thing, The Fog, Halloween, Esacape from New York(not horror but still), etc etc etc

Last good movie he made was "In The Mouth of Madness" tho, his newer movies suck

ghosts of Mars = one of the worst movies I've ever seen, shits up there with Attack of the Killer Tomatos

How was this?

I enjoyed it, obviously nowhere near as good as John Carpenter's version but definatly worth a watch, lots of cgi compared to the fx of the 1982 film. This one was meant to use lots of practical fx too but universal aparently made them replace lots of it with cgi, thought it was good how they ended the film though

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I have a feeling that there might be a survivor from this prequel, and it will probably be that woman paleontologist, which would be lame.
    lol, u guessed it!