Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about Iron Flag

In my opinion, The W is a better album than Iron Flag because RZA didnt pretty much all of the beats, it sounds more like an actual album.

Whereas Iron Flag sounds more like a mish mash rush job, five different producers, tracks taken from here and there, old tracks mixed in with new. There's just no cohesion.

I usually bump it on the iPod as more of an EP than an album... In The Hood / Uzi / Y'all Been Warned / Babies / Radioactive / Back In The Game / Iron Flag / The W.

There are some classic tracks there, but The W works better as a cohesive album IMO.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post

The problem areas are Chrome Wheels which is unforgivably tacky. RZA described getting it on the album despite the entire group's objections as a "power move" on his part.
    "power fail"

its a half-ass album. half of it is classic and half of is some dumbshit. wu-tang became legends by putting out albums you could listen to from start to finish with maybe a skip here and there.

i shouldnt be breaking my skip button on a wu-tang clan album.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    I usually bump it on the iPod as more of an EP than an album... In The Hood / Uzi / Y'all Been Warned / Babies / Radioactive / Back In The Game / Iron Flag / The W.
    that's damn near the whole album.

I'm not sure why people are saying there were old and new tracks mixed in there. I don' think so. what songs are you talking about?

Radioactive, Iron Flag are old productions. Chrome was a Digi Bullet leftover from those sessions,

so you mean old by a few months then? because those albums came out the same year. the sessions probably overlapped.

radioactive sounds older, it's in that style, but it's also very polished sounding like the rest of the album. I still don't know what people are basing this on

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    that's damn near the whole album.

I'm not sure why people are saying there were old and new tracks mixed in there. I don' think so. what songs are you talking about?
    There's an interview with RZA from around the release of the album where he breaks dow each track. He said 'Radioactive' was a beat he gave to Masta Killa years previously, but MK donated it to the album cos they needed some gritty shit.

And also, 'Iron Flag' was apparently found on an old Cappadonna reel, so it could date back to the Pillage or Yin Yang ere maybe...? You're guess is as good as mine.

Peace!

Peace CT

^ Yeah I remember that interview. It was XXL when Wu made cover with olympic medals. I take 'The W' over 'Iron Flag'. I didnt always feel that way though. For me Iron Flag just starts off too weak. Album picks up at "Y'all Been Warned". I do agree that if you took the 2 albums and mashed them up into 1 then you would have a damn near classic. 8D I like better than both which is kind of a sin on this board. Peace

Cuttin heads off of ODBs album is from 1991, the beat for Bring the pain is from 1990 or something, the beat for Incarcerated Scarfaces was intended for Liquid Swords, Heaven and Hell was from a soundtrack. Maybe that's just how they do it. If the claim was that Radioactive and the Iron Flag beat was old and also sucked, I could understand, but if the problem is simply that they are 'old', it doesn't compute imo.

naw they recorded Bring The Pain in 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    naw they recorded Bring The Pain in 1993
    That doesn't mean that the beat was made in 93. It could easily have gone unused for a few years.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stylez View Post
    i dunno how the w gets an edge cause of dashing. dashing isnt even a bad song. only bad song on iron flag was soul power. only songs i really listen to anymore on the w are one blood under the w, let my niggas live and do you really. but thats just my opinion.

Soul Power is the definition of Wu -- Unpredictable. It's an experimental beat -- not your ordinary boom bap. What can be more Wu than that? Give it a good listen. I love this track.

btw, i completely forgot about One Blood. Damn, it's been a while since i heard that track. Gotta dig it up to find out why 'cause Killa is my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Taskmaster2112 View Post
    That doesn't mean that the beat was made in 93. It could easily have gone unused for a few years.
    '88 actually, rza mentions it in the wu manual.

producers using beats they've had in the vaults for a while is pretty common.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

"That doesn't mean that the beat was made in 93. It could easily have gone unused for a few years."

Your right, the song was produced around 1988-1989 after Easy Mo Bee introduced him to the SP1200.

PRODIGAL SUN

[QUOTE=Wu-Disciple;

btw, i completely forgot about One Blood. Damn, it's been a while since i heard that track. Gotta dig it up to find out why 'cause Killa is my dude.[/QUOTE]

Yeh I just remembered that track recently, been listening it to it a fair amount recently.