once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: is there a "Turbo Charge" instrumental?

Default is there a "Turbo Charge" instrumental?

god damn. I always liked that song, (as much as you can like a song from that album) but listening it to it today it's hitting me how great that beat is. incredible. so good you get past the o_O of the first line. it's not quite bobby digital, though that's the closest thing you can compare it with. there isn't another rza track that really sounds like that.

I still think u-god and deck should have gotten the same treatment as the albums tical through ironman got. rza pretty much fucked them out of having a shot at being bigger than they've become. seriously, the other two beats he did on this album are beyond trash. it was like oh fuck I told u-god I'd do some shit for his album and knocked it out in 20mins. and deck got 2, maybe 3 (rec room) beats?? whatever. anyone got the "turbo charge" instrumental ??

i didn't like that song at first but after a while i realized how fantastic it is, the chemistry between producer (RZA) and emcee (U-God) on that is absolutely impeccable. i'm pretty sure that album never was released in instrumental format but who knows, maybe a few promos were sent out to DJs?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

another thing i've been wondering if the intro that has U-God singing acapella originally was set to a RZA beat since he's the credited producer. maybe they couldn't clear it and they just went with an acapella version instead.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!