once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MADLIB could save INS solo career in 24 hours

Banned

Exclamation MADLIB could save INS solo career in 24 hours

http://soundcloud.com/rappcats/madli...h-deck-raekwon

imagine a whole album of that for INS today....

it would be classic.....

wu fans would be happy....

INS would be talk of the clan.....

it would be one of the biggest indy records out.....

instead...

INS gives this to the world....

madlib could remix deck studio scraps into a classic album in 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

instead...

MAINFESTO DUBSTEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DECK: WHAT YALL THINK ABOUT THAT MANIFESTO DUB STEP SHIT?!?!!?!?!

DECK: I CANT HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that beat was so so..didnt fit Deck in a odd way

I was just thinking about a week ago how dope U-God would sound over Madlib beats. Honestly, Madlib has so many styles I think he could make great beats to suit any good MC. I'd be happy to get a full album from any Wu General over Madlib beats, or even just a few tracks.

On another note, it's sad how bad Deck's ear for beats is. He's never lived up to his potential as a solo artist because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taskmaster2112 View Post

On another note, it's sad how bad Deck's ear for beats is. He's never lived up to his potential as a solo artist because of it.
    a-fuckin-men.
    deck is a dope ass mc, we all know that.

please, brother, do a album with some dope producers.
    these cats you been fuckin with lately just aint it.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Banned

a lot of MCs could make a classic album if they only worked with the right producers. but their ear for beats is shit. Nas is a great MC, yet picks the corniest beats, etc. million other examples. Ghost is on and off when it comes to beats. Vinnie paz, surprisingly, has the best ear for beats.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah man, imagine Manifesto with Madlib production......smh i'm tired of talking about the same shit that won't happen

lol @ how horrible he made their verses sound. beat was dope and the verses were dope but he fucked up the pitch bad
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

graveyard shifter needs to suggest this to him if i remember correctly hes met the god
    Non Ignorants

RIP

You talking about Deck man?

this nigga aint got steez no mo fo0

yeah this NEEDS to happen for real. Madlib is in my top 3 right now for like 2 yrs and Deck aint ever Lost it.This only makes sense.

nice topic G

I know someone kind of said it earlier, while a Deck/Madlib album would be sick, so would a Madlib album with any of the Wu or pretty much any dope MC, because he is amazing at what he does. He can mix up with any MC he has respect for and put something great together. He is like those pair of sweet shoes that go with absolutely everything worth going with. It could be sort of interesting if he did some sort of Madlib Invites The Wu type album. But a one on one with Deck would be pretty cool to hear.
    Last edited by BrooklynKing; 02-20-2014 at 07:38 AM.

ahhaahha

Take it from me, after building with him on the subject matter of music,albums etc, deck is gonna kill shit,worrying about his project should not even be a factor yo

Agreed.
    A wise man told me don't argue with fools
    cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
    - Jay-Z

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    Take it from me, after building with him on the subject matter of music,albums etc, deck is gonna kill shit,worrying about his project should not even be a factor yo
    but seriously, after being a Deck fan for like 15 years or whatever and holding him as one of the best rappers of all time I can't say that he's released a single solo album that properly represents his talent. they all have had their moments on them that made you shake your head in amazement, but if he really took his time he should be able to drop an album that's that good all the way through. so even if i heard a single that blew my mind (like "The Champion" did last time), i will have a hard time getting too hyped.

tbh, I'm not sure Madlib would be the best choice for INS.. i would rather hear a full album with Alchemist, DJ Muggs or even Necro. i think lately, all the blunt smoke from the past decade(s) is catching up to Madlib, thinking his fans want to listen to endless chattering of bullshit vocal samples that outweigh the actual tracks in overall length ("OJ Simpson" - absolutely zero replay value because of this, shame)... i'm mostly judging him by the "Madlib Medicine Show" series now and i don't think that shit was that good, the best recent album was the Strong Arm Steady one imo. of course i wouldn't complain if this actually happened though, I think it easily would've been Deck's best effort since "U.S." and should gain him alot of attention in the underground world.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!