Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry RZA. bu tthe production crown belongs to...

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

Default I'm sorry RZA. but the production crown belongs to...

Dj Premier ! The best producer of all time. He is not only more consistent than RZA, but 90% of the time his productions are bangaz l Even in 2011. RZA had his prime, but now his production is simple ( nothing special at all). When Wu-Tang first started; a RZA production meant "Classic", now it's fifty fifty. You don't know if it will be average or hardly noticeable. When was the last time you heard RZA produce a joint such as this ? 10 Years ago lol ?

PS: Before i get crucified; im a huge Wu-Tang fan by the way . Primo is still producing heavy material in 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHPMS...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 10-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.

There is no production crown man. Madlib, Premier, Pete Rock, RZA, Ant and Exile are all amazing producers in my opinion, and I wouldn't say any of them are "better" than the other, they do different things, and work better with some artists wheras others don't. No king I am afraid. I'd take a RZA produced Masta Killa album over a premier produced one, but I'd also take an Madlib-produced Talib Kweli album over a RZA one. Easy, just different beats for different rhmes.

witch Talibs album is produced by Madlib ?

^ Liberation released in 2007.

In a way I'd agree with the threadstarter. DJ Premier has been very consistent and produced tonnes of dope beats over all these years. To this day he's still excellent at what he does and does not sound washed up or anything. Yes there are other brilliant producers such as Pete Rock, Madlib etc, but compared to all of them I personally think Premier has fewer weak spots in his production discography.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    ^ Liberation released in 2007.
    o yeah... that garbage. totally forgot about that trash.

garbage?? wtf.

no mention of dilla, muggs? wtf
    Non Ignorants

RIP

the thing about this topic is that every producer has his hit or miss moments..i have heard premo beats i have nearly snoozed too so when it comes to production,especially by producers on the level of the premos,rzas etc..you never know, another thing you need to consider here is that Rza has experimented with music..and if you know anything about experimentation,its not definately all the time till you find the perfect equation to what you're doing which to me puts Rza ahead of these producers..he is muti dimensional,not just a sample chopping producer but a musician who is studying the more intricate levels of production and is advancing based on that

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynKing View Post
    There is no production crown man. Madlib, Premier, Pete Rock, RZA, Ant and Exile are all amazing producers in my opinion, and I wouldn't say any of them are "better" than the other, they do different things, and work better with some artists wheras others don't. No king I am afraid. I'd take a RZA produced Masta Killa album over a premier produced one, but I'd also take an Madlib-produced Talib Kweli album over a RZA one. Easy, just different beats for different rhmes.
    cant leave out stoupe

"When was the last time you heard RZA produce a joint such as this ? 10 Years ago lol"

Redemption Dayz [RZA Remix]

End Thread.

RZA gets critiqued for straying from his signature sound, DJ Premier gets criticized for not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    the thing about this topic is that every producer has his hit or miss moments..i have heard premo beats i have nearly snoozed too so when it comes to production,especially by producers on the level of the premos,rzas etc..you never know, another thing you need to consider here is that Rza has experimented with music..and if you know anything about experimentation,its not definately all the time till you find the perfect equation to what you're doing which to me puts Rza ahead of these producers..he is muti dimensional,not just a sample chopping producer but a musician who is studying the more intricate levels of production and is advancing based on that
    Blah blah blah my dude lol ! RZA is a great producer. The experimenting part is an excuse i have been hearing for years concerning the decline of his production. A RZA production in this day & age doesn't mean shit... Back in the days a RZA production ment "classic". Tell me that you like RZA more now than back then ? Dont lie about it either.

Primo's consistency cannot be touched. I'm not saying all his production is dope ! He's the most consistent producer in Hip-hop. He has been in the game for almost 30 years & his beats are still top notch. This is not something you can say about other producers. Mainstream & Underground artists fiend to have a primo joint on their album.
    Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 10-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Have u ever heard of "figure f speech" ? Biggie or Pac did not have a crown either per say. When people called Biggie the "King of NY" was because he was arguably the best MC at the time. The same goes for Primo; none of the producers you named have produced more bangaz than Primo. I like RZA, Pete Rock etc... But when it comes to being more relevant & consistent; Prim is ahead.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

RZA AT HIS PRIME WAS THE BEST

BUT RZA, HAVOC, & MUGGS & BEATMINERZ FELL OFF

THE KINGS THAT STILL DROP KILLA SHIT ARE PRIMO AND PETE ROCK

AND NEW LEGENDS ARE ALCHEMIST, MADLIB , & ARAAB MUSIk(FOR THE BASS SOUNDING KILLA BEATS)

I FUCKS WIT SID ROAMS AS WELL

i actually agree with the threadstarter. im a big primo fan!

but the run rza had from 93 to 96 was unseen in hip hop and we'll never see a producer stamp so many classics in such a short amount of time again!

36 chambers
    tical
    ob4cl
    liquid swords
    ironman

primo hurt his career by wasting too many beats on worthless mc's

big shug & group home are the first that come to mind!

but yeah in 2011 i'll pick a primo track over a rza one any day of the week!
    Last edited by cap; 10-20-2011 at 04:13 PM.