once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: The Munsters is coming back

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Default The Munsters is coming back

--TV’s original American horror story is taking another step toward returning to primetime: NBC has ordered a pilot of Bryan Fuller’s remake of the classic TV show The Munsters.

The new version of the half-hour sitcom is bring re-imagined by the Pushing Daises creator as an hour-long series exploring how the monster house came about, and will have a darker and less campy feel than the black-and-white original.

The Munsters was launched the same year as the rather similar Addams Family, which goes to show in this season of dueling fairy tale dramas (Grimm, Once Upon a Time) that networks haven’t changed all that much. While Addams was based off Charles Addams’ New Yorker cartoons, the Munsters patriarch Herman was basically a play on Frankenstein.

There’s a couple other projects that could impact The Munsters‘ fate. NBC is also developing a remake of Frankenstein from House producers Garrett Lerner and Russel Friend, while Fuller is working on another monstrous project for NBC — a series version of Thomas Harris’ Hannibal Lecter novels.

you know why I watched the Munsters? TO LAUGH!!! I dont give a shit where there "origins" started! This isnt X-Men! ITS A HOUSE FULL OF MONSTERS!!! One is undead from another vampire bite, one is created from other human parts, one is a wolf boy probably the same way his Dracula-uncle was turned, BITTEN...

jesus christ hollywood needs to kill all this remake shit already. did they kill every writer or something?
    they gonna remake Lassie next??

I instantly pictured Brad Garrett as a good Herman Munster when I read the thread title. I don't think that would work if it's going to be dark and serious.

Maybe Angus Scrimm or any tall Italian guy.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Fuller is working on another monstrous project for NBC — a series version of Thomas Harris’ Hannibal Lecter novels.
    oh shit.. this could be ill.. one of the first novels ive ever read was Red Dragon...

-Jerry O'Connell to play Herman in "Munsters" reboot

http://news.yahoo.com/jerry-oconnell...161329703.html