once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Santana!

Default Santana!

Santana is a really good band that I've been getting into more lately, although I remember listening quite a bit to their "Supernatural" album when it was released. i loved Carlos Santana's guitar playing from the first moment i heard it but i must say that there is alot more than ill guitar licks to their music - i bet many people don't even know that they are a band, i know i didn't know some years ago.

the ones i have on vinyl are "Abraxas", "Santana III", "Borboletta" and the Carlos Santana / John McLaughlin album. all are great LPs, but out of these i would go with "Abraxas" as the absolute best - fantastic music on that disc. their fusion of latin rhythms, jazz improvisations and psychadelic rock esthetics are something else man! what do y'all think about them, favorite songs and albums, etc

also for those who know them better than me, any suggestions on what album to get next?

Last edited by claaa7; 01-06-2012 at 04:38 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

one thing i do sometimes wish to hear more in their earlier music is some ill horns on there.. whenever they have a sax player featured it really works for their music, case in point - "Give and Take", what a dope tenor sax solo at the end!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

ill have to go check my vinyl stacks cause i cant recall the ones i have or recommend

but Santana is a dope guitarist. ive loved his stuff since i was old enough to care about music. his early works are most definitely his best stuff but imo, all of it has a quality to it that makes for an enjoyable listen

legendary stuff

dope

ain't nothing change but the address...

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

haha i was gonna post Samba Pati

Loved santana since a youff
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"