Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wu-corp i.q test

Veteran Member

Ayan and hitchens don't belong on that list.

I don't know any of them, but that Indonesian chick looks mad busted.

Quote Originally Posted by june181972 View Post
    What's wrong with the world is not that the masses lack the knowledge of who these people in these pictures are, or who these names being dropped are; that's bordering on idolatry. What's wrong is that the knowledge that these people have is not made readily available, nor is it made appealing to the masses.
    AGREE!

Very flawed idea. It's pretentious to think that "you" are the problem with the world if "you" don't know who that is and "I" do.

No artificial sleazy

Actually that knowledge is more readily available right now than in any other time in history. You can thank the internet for that.

It will always be unappealing to the masses because most people choose the neural path of least resistance in their daily activities/decision making. Why read Dickens when you can watch children in adult bodies attempt to pawn xboxes and throw temper tantrums on camera?

IDGAF if you know those people or not. what kind of person are you?

the world lacks sympathy and empathy. no amount of science and technology will ever solve the worlds problems when people can't adopt the golden rule.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    OH PLEASE PLEASE, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO ME, YOU CAN CUT OFF MY ARM, YOU CAN BURY ME ALIVE, JUST DON'T TOUCH MY ISLAM! PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

the world lacks sympathy and empathy. no amount of science and technology will ever solve the worlds problems when people can't adopt the golden rule.
    This.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

How predictable that you, the defender of all things islamic, would say this.

Yeah I have to agree with that. I do think though that ignorance has a lot to do with the way in which people behave. Most people just aren't exposed to enough thought-provoking material.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    How predictable that you, the defender of all things islamic, would say this.
    It's more of me not seeing them as intellectuals or as people doing anything of benefit for society. Ayan is an angry confused woman and Hitchens was more of a failed comedian than an intellectual.

Do you think they belong in the ranks of Freud, Einstein, and Hawkings?

People will always value entertainers more than scientists, doctors, engineers, teachers, and inventors. Television has more value than books and articles.

In America, it is all about what can generate more money in terms of entertainment, not about what is knowledgable.

No artificial sleazy

For the record, Snooki's book is on the the New York times best seller list.

Idiocracy is imminent.

Cream of the Corp

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.B. PT 3 View Post
    Actually that knowledge is more readily available right now than in any other time in history. You can thank the internet for that.
    If we are talking about "the world," then the internet is not readily available to the masses. Besides, one would first need a proper formal education that can be applied in society before they would even be able to effectively search the internet for that knowledge. Plenty of people, for plenty of reasons, are improperly educated all over the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.B. PT 3 View Post
    It will always be unappealing to the masses because most people choose the neural path of least resistance in their daily activities/decision making. Why read Dickens when you can watch children in adult bodies attempt to pawn xboxes and throw temper tantrums on camera?
    Pardon me for quoting Mr Miyagi from Karate Kid, but there is no such thing as a bad student, only a bad teacher.(IMO) When the human brain learns something new by overcoming some level of challenge, it is positively stimulated and is inclined to want to go further. Of course the average person can't be mentally stimulated by doctorate level physics or neurology. But if a teacher can't make introductory physical science appealing to a 4th grader, something is not right. Not blaming the teacher individually, it could be an institutional problem, but something, somewhere is wrong. Shameless foolishness satisfies one's emotions more so than their intellect. The mind prefers applicable knowledge.
    It's more of me not seeing them as intellectuals or as people doing anything of benefit for society. Ayan is an angry confused woman and Hitchens was more of a failed comedian than an intellectual.

Some people's blanket hatred will keep them from seeing the obvious logic in this statement.
    I remember that guy Hitchens from the show Real Time with Bill Maher. He was just a rabble rousing warmonger. I would pretty much say the same about Thomas Paine.

word!!!!

Although, do u practice wat u preach?

I agree with you that they don't really fit into this strange grouping of individuals. However, I disagree that they have done nothing to benefit society.

Calling Hitchens a failed comedian is a horrible insult and sells him a long way short of what he actually was.

As for Ayaan, you might have a point to some degree.
    Last edited by Robert; 01-18-2012 at 12:22 AM.